Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing your Monte (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/)
-   -   Took car to the track (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/took-car-track-34856/)

04LaVaSS 03-12-2012 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by zipper (Post 434135)
At first I was going to say that time wasn't so great until I realized you're running an almost stock L36. That's a great time for the mods, nicely done! I think it's a great idea to run the Monte down the track in bone stock/near stock form in order to get a baseline and see how much you improve. That's what I did.

A couple things though. Rt times aren't that interesting. It's cool that you reacted as well as you did, but it doesn't effect your 1/4 mile time at all. I'm more interested in your 60' time. Anything under 2.3 is good for a stock L36. Next, please tell me that this is just the beginning and that you're going to do more to your Monte :D That Momte moves really good.

Believe me, I have MUCH more planned for my monte:thumbsup:
And my fastest 60' was a 2.253

zipper 03-12-2012 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by 04LaVaSS (Post 434199)
Believe me, I have MUCH more planned for my monte:thumbsup:
And my fastest 60' was a 2.253

Solid 60' time. Good to hear you're doing more and I will pay attention to your progress :thumbsup:

04LaVaSS 03-12-2012 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by zipper (Post 434256)
Solid 60' time. Good to hear you're doing more and I will pay attention to your progress :thumbsup:

Thanks! I won't be doing any major mods. The most effective mod I'll be doing is probably the zzp rockers. But little things here and there. My goal is to be in the mid 14s I'll be happy with that since I'm not looking into building a monster or anything like that

BlackRainSS 03-12-2012 04:54 PM

Very nice, I don't plan on doing a whole lot to mine either just a few little things that i'll be happy with. Do you like the flowmasters on your car? I'm still looking around and can never find a good video of a stock s/c car with flowmasters but id imagine a stock n/a would sound similar.

monte carlo 3831 03-12-2012 05:27 PM

Very nicely done......:thumbsup:...Where is that track located?

bearbear3_4 03-12-2012 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by 04LaVaSS (Post 434264)
Thanks! I won't be doing any major mods. The most effective mod I'll be doing is probably the zzp rockers. But little things here and there. My goal is to be in the mid 14s I'll be happy with that since I'm not looking into building a monster or anything like that

I said the same thing. Started with mufflers and now I'm up to a turbo..... You will never be finished lol

04LaVaSS 03-13-2012 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS (Post 434346)
Very nice, I don't plan on doing a whole lot to mine either just a few little things that i'll be happy with. Do you like the flowmasters on your car? I'm still looking around and can never find a good video of a stock s/c car with flowmasters but id imagine a stock n/a would sound similar.

Id think theyd sound similar. I am extremely happy with the flowmasters and the magnaflow glasspack combo. I just love it!!! Decently loud but not annoying yet, you KNOW its a performance exhaust setup. It has a smooth deep rumble and no chain saw sound at all!

04LaVaSS 03-13-2012 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831 (Post 434357)
Very nicely done......:thumbsup:...Where is that track located?

The track is in Atco New Jersey! Very fun place to go to

Jester_20 03-13-2012 05:59 AM

I've been dying to get to a track with both my monte and raptor (4 wheeler). . . . my tranny on the other hand, isn't as excited :)

Zen 03-13-2012 09:26 PM

Not too bad for a n/a 6th gen.I so miss going to the track