Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing your Monte (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/)
-   -   Punk in a Taurus (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/punk-taurus-39734/)

MonteCarlSS 10-30-2012 09:47 AM

Punk in a Taurus

So yesterday I got out of school and was starting to head home when I saw these sophomores in a beat-up taurus driving fast around the school parking lot and acting like idiots, they then pulled out in front of me while i was saying to myself "time to put these kids in their place" so i speed up to get behind them and ride their butt. I keep up behind them till we get out of town and they still are acting like idiots, so I decided to leave them be and turn around. I'm sure that I'll encounter them later on and probably not have as good of judgement, but I think that I'll just let them learn their lesson :thumbsup:

Space 10-30-2012 10:23 AM

Hi `Jordan,
I know that there are many idiots out there, but I don't think chasing them in your Monte & riding their butt is not a good way to deal with them...It's dangerous when you have a idiot driver in front of you and you riding his rear bumper..
(WoW, do I sound older & mature :eek:)...The best way to deal with idiots like that is to avoid them :thumbsup:...It's not worth your fuel/time and the risk to get your Monte damaged or yourself & others hurt....Just something to think about...

WoW, I must really be growing `up...A few years ago I would have said "Chase them down & spin them out & then kick their butts :eek::rotfl:
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/t...if/fight-1.gif
Peace/Out from `Space

The_Maniac 10-30-2012 11:53 AM

It sucks to hear you had a bad experience with teenagers in a Taurus. I know I've had a my fair share of iditos on the road.

But I have to agree, riding there butt (most people refer to as "tail gating") for the sake of following them is just not wise. Sounds like they may not have even noticed you. Even worse, they could have stomped the brake and if you rear-ended them, you would have been at fault.

Just becareful out there. I know I'm NOT the a perfect driver and I don't always make the best call with all my traveling decisions.

The key is "Defensive Driving" not "Offensive Driving".

red04montels 10-30-2012 06:05 PM

I agee with Space and Jason, I would have just let them be. Tailgating is worse than most things. If they would have slammed on the brakes you would have been at fault and then a whole bunch of trouble would have risen.

Not worth the risk in my opinion

DE02Carlo 10-30-2012 06:12 PM

Better to forget it and back off. Sometime easier said than done...

mairj40 10-30-2012 07:12 PM

I agree. There is a kid around here in a yellow and black 90's Cutlass who revs his engine every time he sees me in the Monte. It's annoying, but not worth a ticket... or worse.

MonteCarlSS 10-31-2012 07:58 AM

Yeah, I was having a little bit of an immature moment I guess. I'm going to leave them alone from now on. I don't want to get in any accident and don't want to get a ticket as well.

Space 10-31-2012 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by MonteCarlSS (Post 505656)
Yeah, I was having a little bit of an immature moment I guess. I'm going to leave them alone from now on. I don't want to get in any accident and don't want to get a ticket as well.

:rolleyes:
Hi `Jordan, wise decision 4-Sure...We hopefully learn as we travel our journey of life...I was a slow learner & it has cost me big dollars for being really stupid when I was in my teens & racing on the street...

Thanks for accepting the constructive words from member's:thumbsup:, it reflects your maturity (WoW, I am sounding more like a grown `up) LOL :)

MonteCarlSS 10-31-2012 09:28 AM

I used to drive really stupid when I was a fresh driver, but I'm getting more mature and driving smarter than I used to (My girlfriend is making sure of that) :thumbsup:

Space 10-31-2012 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by MonteCarlSS (Post 505676)
I used to drive really stupid when I was a fresh driver, but I'm getting more mature and driving smarter than I used to (My girlfriend is making sure of that) :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:
Hi Jordan, you have a smart girl & it's a good sign that she cares about you with her concerns and wants to keep you around.. :thumbsup: Wish you a safe/fun journey in `life 4-Sure :thumbsup: