Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Nissan Altima vs me

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 08:50 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Nissan Altima vs me

i think anything newer than a Fox body Mustang will rape you if the driver knows what he's doing... but Mustang drivers, as a general rule, are crap.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Im not real impressed by the 5.0 mustangs. Yeah they are fast and light, but they have always been overrated from the factory. The 5.0s are supposed to have 220 hp but I dont think they ever did reach that mark. Ive raced a 94 mustang gt5.0 before I had my tranny rebuilt and 3/4 throttle kept me almost neck and neck. I would most likely be beaten by a good driver in one but a normal driver probably doesnt pull all of the potential from them.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:06 PM

Well we bought my wife an 06 Stang with the six banger. For starters she has 40 less HP then my SCMC and the gas mileage is worse. My wife said she liked the body style etc. With only one 13 year old there is plenty of room for buzzing around town. Ford had 36 months 0% so I agreed. It is the roughest riding car we ever owned in our life. It's been in for two recalls and the fuel pump went out at around 28K. At 32 K the tires are needing replaced and the dealership's service department sucks.

We bought my 04 SCMC with 48K last September. It is my company car which I get a vehicle allowance on and business mileage. I change out cars every two years or so and I though I would check out one of these Montes. I will have put 30K miles on it by next month. It is one of the smoothest cars I ever drove and beside my blower motor problem which is still not resolved it's been a great car. I had three of my buddies in it the other night and let my friend take it for a cruise through the hood while I was in the back seat. The average weight and heighth was 200lbs and about six foot. I told my buddy driving it to punch it and get after it , which he did. We live in a hilly section of Georgia with alot of turns. When the ride was over with everyone was impressed of the comfort and performance of the ride. The car glides through dips and corners no bottoming out or brake fade, the performance is there and it is a head turner everywhere I go. The tires have as much as the wife's Mustang and they still look like they did when I bought them. I never even had them rotated!!

This car will eventually wind up at the 1/4 mile track. I figure when it reaches about 100K I will retire it and start the modifications and performance upgrades. Everyday I am looking throughout the Southeast for another low mileage cream puff. I may even go for a 06/07 just to see what they are all about. GM screwed up by dropping this line/body style. I have had just two four door cars in my life and one of them was a Jeep and I never intend to buy another 4 door car. The G-6 and G-8 and the Malibu are too small for me and the ride is not as good.

GM may I suggest a two door Impala???

Old 08-21-2008, 06:58 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: mrl390

Yeah space, what exactly happened to you. Youve hinted at it but never really said what happened. Care to elaborate.
[/align][align=center]Hi `Matt,[/align][align=center](Long Read, you may need a cup of coffee or some O.J. : )[/align][align=center]My first car was a 95 Honda Del Sol VTEC with a blue printed[/align][align=center]and balanced 4 Bang`inEngine with a Garret Turbo`4 .[/align][align=center]It was running in the high 13`s.[/align][align=center]I used my life`s saving 2 get it against my grandfathers[/align][align=center]advise, and opinion.[/align][align=center]I was constantly replacing the clutch,pressure plate etc,and one fly wheel : ( Oh, front axles and more. [X(][X(]Front tires[/align][align=center]all the time : ([/align][align=center]The bums and I spent a lot of time working on it.[/align][align=center]I was young and dumb (now I amolder, and dumb: ).[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]One night I was on A1A (Emptyroad -no Traffic)and a 3G Eclipse AWD Turbo[/align][align=center]pulled next to me @ a light and we rev`ed `up.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Half way down the road was a Police Car just waiting[/align][align=center]for us. [X(][X(]I lost the race, [X(]my license, [X(]and just[/align][align=center]finished paying my attorney, but still paying high risk[/align][align=center]insurance.[X(][X(]$$[X(] It is suppose to drop once I turn 21 : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I know it was stupid, but sometimes, or many times I[/align][align=center]do stupid things : ) It sure can cost a lot to Street Race : ([/align][align=center]I wont risk my license again, and will go to the Track.[/align][align=center]I gave up 2 get `it, but a lot of it was taken away,[/align][align=center]because of my bad decision. [X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I am slowly learning as I travel my journey of life.[/align][align=center]I hope you dont make the same mistake.[/align][align=center]I now am really try`in to Think, B 4 I act : )[/align][align=center]but, it`s difficult sometimes : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I traded my Honda evenfor my first 05 Monte LT with low[/align][align=center]miles, and in show condition.[/align][align=center]I then traded it in on a 06 LT3 for only $1K difference.[/align][align=center](It was low miled and like new).[/align][align=center]When I was offered $18K for it, I sold it and I am[/align][align=center]still searching for a 07SS, but I am waiting until I finish school.[/align][align=center]I really miss have my LT3 [X(]4-Sure,[/align][align=center]but school cost + insurance can drain your bank account [X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]WoW That was a memory Trip : )[/align][align=center]I really liked the 06 LT3 the best.[/align][align=center]I do love the Monte Carlo`s, and if I can`t afford[/align][align=center]a 07SS, I will look for a 86 SS.[/align][align=center]I also would love to have your Monte 4-Sure.[/align][align=center]I really like what you have done to it.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]We live, and hopefully we learn from our mistakes[/align][align=center]as we travel our `journeys in life.[/align][align=center]My lessons always cost mea lot : )[/align][align=center]Got 2 run. `Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/699C543E2DB1445AB8B65BA9DC52665C.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 08-21-2008, 07:59 AM

First off nice kill, also both the 2.5 and the 3.5 altama have dual outlets. As for Mustangs. From the fox body to the 98 Mustangs not really anything. They all ran around low 15's high 14's. My g/f's dad has a 96 Mustang convt.that has Borla exhaust and it run 15.1 all day long.Me and him are prettyclose up to theend of 2nd gear and then I start inching away from him.AllV6's Mustang are the biggest joke you can get. My g/f's 3.4 LS out runs 94-04V6Mustang. She has beat 4 or 5 in town some that have some stuff done to it. I have beat 3 NewMustang V6's in my car, race not even that close

Old 08-21-2008, 01:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

Hey Space now is the best time to find your 07 ss, I found a white one with 20,000 miles for $15,000 here but when I went to look at it, it was gone. V8 cars are not desirable now because of the high gas prices its a buyers market and you can find one at a very good price, I can't do another trade in because they quoted me $9000 for my car with all my add ons, I am very happy with my car I just wish I had the Horsepoewer the v8 does, but when the time comes I will just put a v8 in my car later in the years to come.

I wish you happy sightings for your ss!

[IMG]local://upfiles/2994/13165F775B7D4690965219E40C2DE28F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-21-2008, 03:03 PM

Hi `Patrick, and thanks for your post information,
andthe picture of my home ship : )
Now I am HomeSick
I am trying to hold out until January 09 to purchase.
I know of three 07SS that are in storage with super low miles,
and one of the guys is having $ problems.
It has all options and is a BLACK : )
I am constantly searching all sources for the right one @ the
right price. My insurance will also be cheaper @ that time : )
I am also searching for the only year for the LTZ 2006.
I justmissed a all Black loaded 06 LTZ that sold for $15K with
only 4K miles on it : (
If gas in Jan09 is high, I may consider the awesome LTZ 3.9 : )
Sorry Member mrl390 `Matt for highjack`in your thread.
I tried to pm `Patrick, but could not : (
Wish the reader a `Happy,
from `Space

Old 08-21-2008, 04:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

No big deal about the highjack space. Thanks for telling me your story. It sounds like youve learned alot from that experience. I try and keep my street racing to a minimum and I never get too far over the speedlimit when I do race. I have no tracks too close to me so I have to vent my need for speed somewhere. I feel that having an appreciation for vehicles really helps keep my driving safe too. Im more worried about wrecking than I am getting caught. lol

I hope you get your situation all straightened out and you can get a nice awesome ss next year. Good luck with the search.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:24 PM

Hey, I'm new to the forum, as my 86 is finally getting done. I just wanted to put in my2 cents on the mustang thing. Yes, I do have one, but its not an ordinary stang. Not many are any more. Its really the aftermarket that makes the cars so reputable. Stock 5.0s are nothing to write home about, but with a few grand, there something special. Especially the fox body. There light weight and superior weight distribution make them a tough to handle car. I am living proof that a 5.0, and about 15 grand, you can have a 450+ horse powered monster. But dont take this as me being a ford guy. With a little bottle, my 345 horse LS1 will handle the mustang!
P.S. Nice kill. Those altimas are quick cars!

Old 08-22-2008, 06:11 AM

[align=center]Hi `Matt, I found the below this morning trying to find a road test on the Altima. I agree with ChevyGuy "Those Altima`s are quick : )[/align][align=center]Makes your win even better : )[/align]

2002 Nissan Altima SE

Engine
3.5 liter, DOHC, 24-valve, V6

Horsepower 240

Torque 246 lb feet

0-60 mph 5.9 seconds

1/4 mile14.4 seconds @ 100 mph

60-0 mph 126 feet

EPA Mileage 21 mpg city
26 mpg highway

Click below to read full review
[:-]