Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Nissan Altima vs me

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 09:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member
Default Nissan Altima vs me

Well I was fooling around with a guy in a nissan altima on the way to walmart today. It was a 2003-? body style. Im pretty sure it was the v6 cause I thought it had dual exhaust but it could have been a I4. We were cruising around on route 19 passing each other and then we lined up at a few red lights before we got to walmart. We were neck and neck each time until I reached about 4000 rpm then I started pulling on him pretty hard. He had a passenger and I had a passenger so we were pretty even weight wise. We were fooling around in the parking lot too, he was doing some pretty good powerslides while going up the hill to the parking lot. (Which was kind of stupid butcool ntl)I of course couldnt break loose the glue on my pirellis. When I parked he pulled up behind me and we started talking. He asked what I had done to the car and what I had under the hood. I told him it was just a stock 3.4L DOHC V6 with an auto. He was surprised. He said he had the tapshift auto. I should have asked him what engine. He was a real nice guy too as was his girlfriend in the car. Thats hard to come by where I live, usually when you beat someone they turn into ******** and either drive away or call your car a POS anyway.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:28 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Nissan Altima vs me

he wanted to look chilvarous in front of his girl

Old 08-19-2008, 09:33 PM

nice kill always nice to get a good kill every now and then

Old 08-19-2008, 09:37 PM

5 Year Member

It does feel nice. Especially when Im pretty much stock performance wise. I cant wait to open this thing up a bit. Not much aftermarket for it but it could do with a good FWI and catback exhaust.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:40 PM

yea nothing like a nice pull to make a good day better

Old 08-20-2008, 09:49 AM

Just one more X to put on the fender hahaha.

Clean ride by the way, lookin good[sm=shades.gif]

Old 08-20-2008, 10:35 AM

Congrat`s `Matt,
Another win for the Monte Carlo.
[sm=happy046.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=happy046.gif]
It`s great to get out there and blow the carbon out, and
it was also good to read that guy was a good sport.
He was most likely happy that he did not see your awesome
Monte fade away and outa `sight : )
Be Smart, Safe on your highways
I am still paying for getting caught : (
Expensive lesson learned....

Old 08-20-2008, 04:49 PM

5 Year Member

Yeah space, what exactly happened to you. Youve hinted at it but never really said what happened. Care to elaborate.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:26 PM

After reading this I caught something that was good. You mentioned you didn't notice if he had single or dual exhaust. That's a good thing because if he was in front of you you would have remembered that for a long while!

With this being said we need to get out there and whoop up on some GT Mustangs. From what I understand a five speed manual GT runs about 13.95 in the 1/4. The 2004/05 SCMC runs about 14.97 bone stock according to drag times.

Mine is still stock, but I would like to here from the experts what is the quickest way to let's say 13.5 in the 1/4? I figure 13.5 will give a little lead way if the Stang had an improvement or two.

I'm thinking CAI, U-bend delete, headers, pulley, throttle body, tuning and ????????????????????????

Old 08-20-2008, 08:41 PM

5 Year Member

Lol im sure I would have had a clear picture burnt into my mind if he pulled on me. Luckily I dont. Im no where near the level to take on new mustangs. Give me an early to mid 90s gt and ill gladly race it. Nice looking monte you have there. Luckily for you, you can mod your car pretty easily to bring up your numbers. I would have to go the custom route to get mine up to those type of numbers. Thats the problem with having no aftermarket following for these engines. Dont worry ill get those numbers up, it will happen down the road. Just need more time/money thats all.

Quick Reply: Nissan Altima vs me