Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

My MC VS. 06 GP GT SC

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default My MC VS. 06 GP GT SC

My friend just got an 06 grand prix gt that was supercharged stock.
he has no mods of yet

first off i didnt know they ever maid gt with a supercharger

race 1. 30 roll i blew him off the start for about100 feet and then you hear the SCstart up start to gain and he slowly had me by a half of a car at the end

race 2. dead stop I go to about 2500 rpm and have him off the line for a good150 feet and then he gains on me and gets me by about a car.

race 3. 30 roll again same thing as one but he only takes me by a fender at most

then a half hour later we raced again and his car most of been really hot or something becasue off the line i had him then he cought up a little but couldnt pass me so i got one on him

so 1 out of 4 is not bad for a car with 30 less horse power and heavy 20inch rimsand a few more miles on the clock

Old 06-19-2007, 05:08 AM
Default RE: My MC VS. 06 GP GT SC

ORIGINAL: 2000_BLACK_SS

so 1 out of 4 is not bad for a car with 30 less horse power and heavy 20inch rimsand a few more miles on the clock
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's great to get back from my night job, all cranked up[/align][align=center]with caffeineand read a member's race story.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's sure[/align][align=center]better then reading the morning paper on[/align][align=center]the depressing News happeningin our World.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Luke, thanks for your post about your fun : )[/align][align=center]It's a good win, when a non-aspirated Monte Carlo, beats[/align][align=center]a similar model that's has a supercharger forcing fuel/air[/align][align=center]into the engine : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Be Safe/Smart/EnJoy[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 06-19-2007, 07:25 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

congrats on the win, is the car actually supercharged or is he just telling you that?? doesn't sound like its actually supercharged, but congrats on the win either way

Old 06-19-2007, 10:43 AM

I didnt believe him either until we looked under the hood and there was the series III 3800 with the supercharger on top of it.

Like i said before i didnt even know that just a gt in 06 got a super charger and you could tell it was stock becasue of the boost gague on the inside was built in to the dash and was digital and the stock air box and nothing wasdone to the exhuast or anytyhing else

Old 06-19-2007, 10:52 AM

Strong...

Old 06-19-2007, 03:02 PM

your buddy must not be a good driver

I cant imagine his FI car not whooping on your NA car since the weight is pretty close and the power is heavily in his favor. He's got 260hp, you have 200. He's got 280ft lbs of torque, you have 225ft lbs. Your car is approx 100lbs lighter though, but I have a hard time seeing how that's much of an advantage seeing as how you have significantly less hp and torque than he's got. All of this is of course comparing stock to stock. Have you modded your Monte?

Old 06-19-2007, 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

your buddy must not be a good driver

I cant imagine his FI car not whooping on your NA car since the weight is pretty close and the power is heavily in his favor. He's got 260hp, you have 200. He's got 280ft lbs of torque, you have 225ft lbs. Your car is approx 100lbs lighter though, but I have a hard time seeing how that's much of an advantage seeing as how you have significantly less hp and torque than he's got. All of this is of course comparing stock to stock. Have you modded your Monte?
yes, i have a crapy cold air intake, 180 thermostat, 2.5 Random tech down pipe high flow cat u bend delete, and borla cat back,

so at most i am at 220 and he cant be a bad driver its automatic and we both had are cars in 1 for the 30 rolls, and on the dig he didn't even spin his tires.