Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing your Monte (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/)
-   -   Mustang GT (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/mustang-gt-517/)

SoCalSS 06-13-2005 03:02 AM

Mustang GT

So who knew, that although the 04 Mustang GT may beat us off the line, we can take them in the long run because their speed limiter bogs them out at 110, where as ours doesnt stop us until 125. or Not at all if you have a re-programmed ECU, ahahhaa

04MonteLS 06-13-2005 03:11 AM

RE: Mustang GT

ORIGINAL: SoCalSS

So who knew, that although the 04 Mustang GT may beat us off the line, we can take them in the long run because their speed limiter bogs them out at 110, where as ours doesnt stop us until 125. or Not at all if you have a re-programmed ECU, ahahhaa
But how long is this race? It's gonna have to be longer than a 1/4 mile that's for sure.

SoCalSS 06-13-2005 03:15 AM

yep, thats why i said long run. i know this because a friend of mine has an 04 GT, and we were about 250 away from where we had to be, so we were messin with eachother a little bit, although he would take me from say.... 80-110, after that i would be able to catch up, pass and gain some lead on him because thats all he could do. we didnt actually race the whole 250 miles.

04MonteLS 06-13-2005 03:22 AM

yep, thats why i said long run. i know this because a friend of mine has an 04 GT, and we were about 250 away from where we had to be, so we were messin with eachother a little bit, although he would take me from say.... 80-110, after that i would be able to catch up, pass and gain some lead on him because thats all he could do. we didnt actually race the whole 250 miles.
well if that's the case, My Accord could take him too cause the limiter was at 112mp:D

SoCalSS 06-13-2005 03:38 AM

LMAO. That would be one heck of a race right there.:D

04MonteLS 06-13-2005 03:43 AM

LMAO. That would be one heck of a race right there.:D
Maybe not:D

I did hand it to a V6 'stang though. I know it's not thing for a Monte, but my car was a 4 banger. He got me off the line but once I hit 3rd gear it was a wrap!

Patrick 06-13-2005 06:04 PM

hmmm..if your friends GT cuts at 110...something is wrong...

over the past 15 or so years, ALL 6 cylinder stangs were goverened to 110, including the new body style.

sorry to say, but..

Car and Driver magazine's road test of the Ford Mustang GT. Standing 1/4-mile: 13.8 sec @ 102 mph Top speed (governor limited): 149 mph. ...
that is copied and pasted.

it was my uinderstanding that in the mid 90s the GTs were also governed, but i have since learn otherwise...

SoCalSS 06-13-2005 08:28 PM

Hmm... Maybe my friend just doesnt know how to drive then, which wouldnt surprise me at all. He did say himself though that he is governed to 110. Unless he is not only a bad driver but stupid as well. Thanks for the info though.

04MonteLS 06-14-2005 02:53 AM

so much for that theory:D

SoCalSS 06-14-2005 03:16 AM

Yeah I guess so huh? oh well, hmm... what else can we beat? lol

04MonteLS 06-14-2005 03:34 AM

I dunno, my last race was about a year ago. I was in my Accord, just cruising, gettin' my lean on. And this 5th gen Monte Carlo kept messing with me, he was baiting me into a race so I took him up on the offer. Little did he know, I had a H22 swap under the hood w/CAI/Headers/CatBack/Type S cams/Hondata ECU. SUCKA!!! So we get to a light and I look over at him and give him a couple revs, he starts laughing. Light turns green and we nail it, I spin my tires quite a bit so he gets up on me by a car length or so, but then I get traction and pull hard on him. I was past him by 3rd gear, I shift to 4th and still at WOT when I realize "damn, dude is like 2-3 car lengths back" and then all of a sudden *FLASHING RED AND BLUE LIGHTS* The light we started at was the beginning of the hwy, there is a straight away of a couple hundred feet and then you go thorugh a long, swooping bend. Well at the apex of that bend is an off ramp, and when I noticed dude in the Monte was a cop, we were approaching the offramp. So as I let off the gas, I see in my rearview that dude in the Monte has his red and blues flashing and is accelerating up on me as im coasting and at the last second, I dip over to take the offramp but he is going too fast and can't manuver his car to follow me. I have never been so scared in my life, in California they don't play around w/racers. You get caught racing, automatic 2 points on your record, car gets impounded for 30 days, license is suspended, and you have to pay stiff fines. I have not raced since

SoCalSS 06-14-2005 03:53 AM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

I dunno, my last race was about a year ago. I was in my Accord, just cruising, gettin' my lean on. And this 5th gen Monte Carlo kept messing with me, he was baiting me into a race so I took him up on the offer. Little did he know, I had a H22 swap under the hood w/CAI/Headers/CatBack/Type S cams/Hondata ECU. SUCKA!!! So we get to a light and I look over at him and give him a couple revs, he starts laughing. Light turns green and we nail it, I spin my tires quite a bit so he gets up on me by a car length or so, but then I get traction and pull hard on him. I was past him by 3rd gear, I shift to 4th and still at WOT when I realize "damn, dude is like 2-3 car lengths back" and then all of a sudden *FLASHING RED AND BLUE LIGHTS* The light we started at was the beginning of the hwy, there is a straight away of a couple hundred feet and then you go thorugh a long, swooping bend. Well at the apex of that bend is an off ramp, and when I noticed dude in the Monte was a cop, we were approaching the offramp. So as I let off the gas, I see in my rearview that dude in the Monte has his red and blues flashing and is accelerating up on me as im coasting and at the last second, I dip over to take the offramp but he is going too fast and can't manuver his car to follow me. I have never been so scared in my life, in California they don't play around w/racers. You get caught racing, automatic 2 points on your record, car gets impounded for 30 days, license is suspended, and you have to pay stiff fines. I have not raced since
Damn! that's vicious man. I'm from reno, they have races all the freakin time there, thats where i have done most of my racing, the only thing i did here in cali was a friend of mine own a Mitsu Lancer RalliArt, and of course he's gonna think its all hard-a*s and ****e. so we were just messing around one day when we both came up to an empty light, so i figured f*ck it, i might as well school him a little bit, light turned green we both layed on it and i completely destroyed him. other than that i havent done anything in cali.

04MonteLS 06-14-2005 03:58 AM

Damn! that's vicious man. I'm from reno, they have races all the freakin time there, thats where i have done most of my racing, the only thing i did here in cali was a friend of mine own a Mitsu Lancer RalliArt, and of course he's gonna think its all hard-a*s and ****e. so we were just messing around one day when we both came up to an empty light, so i figured f*ck it, i might as well school him a little bit, light turned green we both layed on it and i completely destroyed him. other than that i havent done anything in cali.
Like I said, automatic 30 day impound. Just remember that next time you're driving through cali and want to run it.

nj85z28 06-14-2005 07:34 PM

i personally dont think that the new Stang GT is that fast. My GTP killed one the other night from a rolling start. not to BS either, he definlty would have taken it off the line

Patrick 06-14-2005 07:52 PM

the manual new stang, with a decent driver should easily get into the mid 13s...13.40-13.60 stock....i dont know about the automatics...

mickey 06-14-2005 08:08 PM

I cn tell you they will take you from the light!!
We have a blue one here that i haved lined up with and i tok the better light but before i could get out of the holei was plying catch up with him
Now with that said i did keep up with him and he didnt get to far from me the whole way threw it . But it was only about a mile or so.

for distance i think we have a chance.

Also you have to remeber they are rear wheel drive and fords come from teh factory with a good gear in them
I dont even think the Montes have the best gears in them from the factory .

Not to mention i would love to run him agian with my car as a rear wheel drive

But they have us on weight to. I belive .

so When ya run one the best thing i can say is be rollin when ya do it.
Tehy tend to spin do to the light tail they have we have the advantage o the wheel pullng have more weight on them then thiers do

nj85z28 06-14-2005 08:37 PM

im wondering, what are the stock figures for the new GT stang? and how many mods would have to be done to a MC SS or GPGTP to beat it off the line?

Patrick 06-14-2005 09:28 PM

it looks like a stock 01 GTP should turn in around a 14.9. the slowest GT MT QM time ive found is a 13.94...i cant find a QM time ANYWHERE for the auto tranny...i have found a AT V6 QM speed of 15.35...so the auto tranny GT is between those times..id guess 14.3 maybe? so youd need some blower work...is your car intercooled

nj85z28 06-14-2005 09:36 PM

Well the reason Im asking is that Im a sucker for SLP...ive been considering buying a whole bunch of new toys for the GTP and im just curious about the performance differences from stock. Im sure someone has some SLP stuff on their Monte SS

04MonteLS 06-14-2005 10:49 PM

Wouldn't it be nice to run into a lump sum of money and be able to blow it on your car? You guys have me dreaming now...................

nj85z28 06-14-2005 11:48 PM

OH, LOL, dont think for a second that I can do that, like the kids driving the Stang theyre rich daddy bought them. Im just gonna blow like 2 paychecks or so to pump her up a little bit

04MonteLS 06-15-2005 01:15 AM

ORIGINAL: nj85z28

OH, LOL, dont think for a second that I can do that, like the kids driving the Stang theyre rich daddy bought them. Im just gonna blow like 2 paychecks or so to pump her up a little bit
I wasn't insenuating anyone here could, I was just daydreaming,now leave me alone, I wasn't done.:D

Patrick 06-15-2005 12:12 PM

honestly nj, i dont think you have that much do to to keep up with the older GT MTs, or the newer GT ATs

mickey 06-15-2005 12:15 PM

hey my car can pass any of them on the road to include yours patrick.

it only take a deversion
and 15min.
and one lug wrnch and 4 bricks
e wont beat me if im out of gas and pushing it fo the first 50 foot
LMAO!!!!!!!

Patrick 06-15-2005 02:33 PM

hahaha...good point!

nj85z28 06-15-2005 03:11 PM

Patrick, Im thinking-

SLP SC Pulley
SLP Ram Air box
Ram Air Hood
SLP Headers and full exhaust

Just to start

Patrick 06-15-2005 05:34 PM

i would check around on the legality of the headers and exhaust.....i think NJ is tight with emissions, no?

nj85z28 06-15-2005 11:52 PM

yea VERY tight emissions....Im gonna have to look into that

04MonteLS 06-16-2005 01:03 AM

tighter than California?

Emissions in California is so much different than here in Oregon. In California, they did the OBD II scan, stuffed a thingy in the tailpipe, did a visual inspection under the hood, checked that all the VIN#'s matched, it's a good 20 minute ordeal. Here in Oregon, they hook up the OBDII scan and a minute later you're rolling out the door. And it's $30 cheaper than down in Cali

SoCalSS 06-16-2005 03:08 AM

Patrick, I have the SLP Loudmouth exhaust on mine, and I freakin love it. Both performance and sound wise, there is deffinitely a noticeable gain in both aspects. However, I was looking into that QuickTime Performance Electric Cutout Valve they have on pfyc.com its only 150 bucks and it sounds like it would be totally bad-azz. Has anyone here had any experience with cutouts? I am mostly wondering about the complete lack of back-pressure being that it were completely open.

nj85z28 06-16-2005 04:11 AM

tighter than California?

Emissions in California is so much different than here in Oregon. In California, they did the OBD II scan, stuffed a thingy in the tailpipe, did a visual inspection under the hood, checked that all the VIN#'s matched, it's a good 20 minute ordeal. Here in Oregon, they hook up the OBDII scan and a minute later you're rolling out the door. And it's $30 cheaper than down in Cali
Well, Cali is notorious for tough emissions. New Jersey does all that stuff, and usually its about a 20 minute ordeal, after the hour and a half wait, but hey, it is free/ On a side note, Ive never, ever, had a car, New or old, even my GTP which came off a dealer lot, that passed inspection the first time. And thats not just emissions. NJ is tough with everything now.

04MonteLS 06-16-2005 09:49 AM

tighter than California?

Well, Cali is notorious for tough emissions. New Jersey does all that stuff, and usually its about a 20 minute ordeal, after the hour and a half wait, but hey, it is free/ On a side note, Ive never, ever, had a car, New or old, even my GTP which came off a dealer lot, that passed inspection the first time. And thats not just emissions. NJ is tough with everything now.

What's this inspection you speak of? What do they inspect for? Your emissions test is free?

Patrick 06-16-2005 12:17 PM

your emissions test is FREE?? in PA, its like 40 bucks, when i used to work as an inspector...plus the safety inspection which is another 20...both required yearly...if you fail the emissions, you have to keep paying to have it done until you pass...there are some areas, such as the county which houses philly, that charge up to 200 per emission test. get this crap...i dont know if they do this anymore,but one county in eastern PA would have your car on rollers, similar to a dyno...PLUS the obd II PLUS the tailpipe test. so they measured the actual output across various ranges of speeds...

socallss...i have seen cutouts, but only on cars with Very big engines, and LOTS of torque. i would honestly feel that removing that much backpressure will lose you low end torque.

nj85z28 06-16-2005 04:15 PM

Inspection constists of (all for free)-

External check for rust, headlights, tail lights, marker lights and tire tread

Open hood to check for vin#s, etc

cars 96 and under get ran on the dyno with the tail pipe wand

96 and up get the OBD scanner on the dyno

then, they do about 20 MPH and slam the brakes on a machine that measures the braking distance

then they check the pressure of your gas cap

also, they will not run your car on the dyno if the tires are not almost identical, no snow tires on the back, etc, and sometimes they check the springs and shocks with a machine that holds your tires and shakes the hell out of it

Check engine light, automatic fail
Sharp rust, automatic fail

Now, there is an option of getting a private inspection, at a private state facility i.e. a shop with a dyno machine, but usually it cost about 100-150$

big green dog 06-16-2005 06:01 PM

here in texas if you live outside of collin/dallas county or any other large city county they dont have to pass emisions my friend has straight pipes and has had it for 3 years 2 speeding tickets and no tickets for emisions sticker but on the other had the cut outs for montes are ok my bro has one it sounds great untill it backfires which happens alot i asume because of the back pressure for montes needs to be at certain level. but if you are ok with backfireing every now and then they sound great especial if you get the auto kind where all you have to do is press a button to open it. it sounds great going from a quiet system to hearing it roar

montejass 06-16-2005 06:39 PM

It may sound great, but like Patrick noted, these V6's require a certain amount of back pressure or you loose quite a bit off the top end. Now what that loss is I am not sure.. May be a non issue.

TVW

big green dog 06-16-2005 06:52 PM

when ive drove it with the cut out open i cant seem to tell a diff than when it is closed so if it is it is very minimal. but then again he does have a long list of mods-
18" Voxx Argus wheels
Falken Tires 255 / 45 ZR18
Hypertech 160' degree thermostat
Magnaflow Exhaust
Custom stainless steel tips
MPD Ram Air Hood
Plenum to fit Thrasher
Thrasher Shift Kit
Thrasher Cold Air Intake
Zex NOS Kit
Zex Purge Kit
Next Level Rear Sway Bar
ZZP HVTB Stage I
Manual Exhaust Cutout
Magnaflow High Preformance Catalytic Converter
Zex Spark Plugs and Taylor 8mm Wires

SoCalSS 06-17-2005 04:37 AM

Yep, the thought of lack of back pressure was certainly on my mind. however, the cool thing about this cutout is that with the switch, mounted inside the car none the less, you can open it as much as you want, all the way, half way, 1/4 of the way 11/32 of the way if you want. so i would play around with a little bit to find the best position to allow for maximum use of back-pressure, while still increasing power. I think I will give it a shot and I will let y'all know how it goes.

montejass 06-17-2005 11:08 AM

Now that would be cool, I did not know they made an adjustable waste gate... Where do you get them at?

TVW

SoCalSS 06-17-2005 02:12 PM

I'm pretty sure I found it on pfyc.com it's made by QuickTime Performance, check it out.