Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Monte SS VS Cobalt SS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Default Monte SS VS Cobalt SS?

I thought everyone would be proud to learn that I smoked a standard Cobalt SS with my 2000 Monte Carlo SS today. I was a little surprised since that car is considerably lighter, but HA! It was one of my buddies who insisted on racing... who would've known he would have gotten smoked by a chick with a bigass car!

Old 01-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Default RE: Monte SS VS Cobalt SS?

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad SS

I thought everyone would be proud to learn that I smoked a standard Cobalt SS with my 2000 Monte Carlo SS today. I was a little surprised since that car is considerably lighter, but HA! It was one of my buddies who insisted on racing... who would've known he would have gotten smoked by a chick with a bigass car!
w00t gratz girl. i have smoked MANY of those with my car... but im pushing a little more power than a stock monte ss lol. And yea, i was suprised as well considering the weight difference?

Old 01-17-2008, 09:11 PM

haha yeah no kidding. well my dad has an '85 SS hauling over 600 hp with a BB right now and i told this guy i'd race him with that when he starts modding lol

Old 01-17-2008, 09:31 PM

im curious why you would be racing in winter? sounds like a lie if you ask me.

also considering a standard cobalt SS runs a stock time of 15.50 and a 2000 monte SS runs a 16.00 i find it very hard to beleive this took place. maybe this guy didnt know how to drive? besides the case if you want to race a real driver by all means i will race you and we will see who smokes who

next time get it on video.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:11 PM

When you say standard...do you mean the non S/C...cause the standard has a 2.4 engine and the S/C has a 2.0. I had a 2006 2.4 SS and it was pretty quick for what it was...I could beat them all day long now!

Old 01-17-2008, 11:23 PM

Ya i also heard that stockCobalt SS's run a 14.6, even faster if you got the stage 2 or 3 on them, you sure he jsut wasn't lettin you win cuz u were a girl

Old 01-18-2008, 12:32 AM

yeah I agree...if they have different stages...they will be able to take me and others...but if no mods..good luck...

Old 01-18-2008, 01:12 AM

I test drove an 05 (i believe) cobalt SS supercharged and it was pretty quick for what it was. I know the s/c ss comes with a little over 200 hp (205?) and weights a lot less than our cars. But if you have some mods on ur monte then i see why not. Besides hearing that a cobalt beat a monte just doesnt sound cool lol.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:21 AM

First of all i should clear some things up, the cobalt ss she is talking about is a 2.4L SS/NA Cobalt (171 Horsepower stock). also the cobalt she is talking about is infact me, i am a friend of 1 bad ss and my cobalt is not standard its a automatic

my cobalt is completly stock, yes we did race but it was not in january because it is winter outside (lol) we raced around june, it was no offical race we just went till 100km on a road at night with no one around (safe racing even tho i know street racing is wrong). i screwed up my lanch and apparently she hit hers very well and took me, she only beat me by about half a car so i dont know if smoked is the right word but it was a very good job on her part, providing the fact that my car is way lighter and runs better in the 1/4.

besides a little false statements provided by her i would like to gradualate her for beating a car that is cleary faster, she obviously knows how to drive her car.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:00 AM

ORIGINAL: Projektcobalt

im curious why you would be racing in winter? sounds like a lie if you ask me.

also considering a standard cobalt SS runs a stock time of 15.50 and a 2000 monte SS runs a 16.00 i find it very hard to beleive this took place. maybe this guy didnt know how to drive? besides the case if you want to race a real driver by all means i will race you and we will see who smokes who

next time get it on video.
This is funny considering you go on to post that it was you she was racing. So in that second sentence there you call yourself a liar. Then in the second paragraph you admit that you don't know how to drive. And then you challenge her to a race that she has already won. Pretty funny...nice job getting smoked too.

You know someone had to give you a hard time about that right?

Quick Reply: Monte SS VS Cobalt SS?