Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Kill three 'Balts with one stone =D

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 06:07 AM
Default Kill three 'Balts with one stone =D

On my way home from an out of town trip a few days ago, I was being tailgated by three Cobalt SS', a silver one, blue one, and yellow one. They were doing all kinds of dumb things like acting like they were going to pass me and then dropping back, so the silver one finally pulled up next to me and got my attention and made a motion like he wanted to race. Curious to see whether or not the Monte had the ***** to keep up with the Cobalt SS, I obliged. We went from a dig at the next stoplight and I got a pretty decent launch on them, and before I knew it I was observing the three little four-bangers in my rearview mirror as they found themselves dusted by a car that weighs almost a thousand pounds more than their own . When we got to the next light the guy in the silver Cobalt pulled up next to me, said nice race, gave the nod of defeat, and went on his merry way.

Chalk one up for the Montes

Old 11-20-2009, 06:17 AM

Congrat's & thanks for sharing your Monte Carlo Xperience : )
Some turbo & SuperCharged Cobalts R pretty quick,
but you have proven that the Monte can surprise
and beat others out there on our highways.
What mod's do U have ?
Keep us updated `ok
Wish U & reader a `Happy
4-Sure

Old 11-20-2009, 09:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yeah those cobalts were totally stock. Once you hit those things with a good tune (assuming it's the turbo'd ones) good bye L36.

Good show of Monte love though

Old 11-20-2009, 03:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What mods do you have 1badSS? I'm curious, because the older superchared Cobalt put out 205 HP stock, with a 5 speed tranny, and weighs less than the Monte. And the newer Cobalt SS Turbocharged puts down 260 HP. You must have some serious mods to beat those Cobalts with a L36! Good kill though! Always nice to see a Monte win!

Old 11-20-2009, 04:32 PM

I'm with MAMONTE...though he didn't say they were supercharged, turbo or not. Most likely just an NA grocery getter. but a win is a win I guess.

Beating an NA Cobalt is like paying $150 for a hooker and then braggin to your friends that you got to cop a feel at the end of the date. Ya, it felt good at the time, but when you look back on it, it really was pretty damn stupid.

Old 11-20-2009, 04:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

But all off the Cobalt SS's are either supercharded or the newer ones are Turbocharged....

Unless it was a Cobalt Sport, these look similar to an SS, but have the 2.4L N/A engine.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:58 PM

Beating an NA Cobalt is like paying $150 for a hooker and then braggin to your friends that you got to cop a feel at the end of the date.

Haha, good laugh!

Old 11-21-2009, 03:59 PM

Nope, there were some SSs before the turbo that were not blown. I thought the same thing for a while. They still handle really well, just have no guts.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:52 AM

the cobalt did come na and supercharged the na motor is bigger and was like 175hp. ive driven the supercharged one didnt like it, but its definitely quicker then a na 3.8.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:22 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Intimidator_Monte05
I'm with MAMONTE...though he didn't say they were supercharged, turbo or not. Most likely just an NA grocery getter. but a win is a win I guess.

Beating an NA Cobalt is like paying $150 for a hooker and then braggin to your friends that you got to cop a feel at the end of the date. Ya, it felt good at the time, but when you look back on it, it really was pretty damn stupid.

At first I was thinking that beating a Cobalt is no big deal. But like already stated, some of them put out some pretty decent numbers. Since GM finally got their act together and started taking on the import tuner market.

And as for the race against the Monte, don't forget how much lighter and smaller the Cobalt is. Huge advantage.

Quick Reply: Kill three 'Balts with one stone =D