Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

i am happy

Old 03-03-2010, 09:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default i am happy

whe i was coming home from anouther job inerview yesterday there was a mitsubishi eclips that seemed to be up graded to a turbo but it ended up being for show. what i mean is the electrical nois maker to make people think a person has a turbo. ok that said here it goes when i was coming home last night. there was a eclipse reving loudly next to my monte so i had to stomp it when the light turned green. but on the bright side when i got up to speed and half way down the street. the mitsubishi passed me doing 75 in a 45 he ended up having two cops running radar pulling him over. yea granted i was ahead of him but i intentionly slowed back down to the area i was in is natorius for speed traps. if i kept going and the police wernt there it would have really been interesting.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by monte07 View Post
whe i was coming home from anouther job inerview yesterday there was a mitsubishi eclips that seemed to be up graded to a turbo but it ended up being for show. what i mean is the electrical nois maker to make people think a person has a turbo. ok that said here it goes when i was coming home last night. there was a eclipse reving loudly next to my monte so i had to stomp it when the light turned green. but on the bright side when i got up to speed and half way down the street. the mitsubishi passed me doing 75 in a 45 he ended up having two cops running radar pulling him over. yea granted i was ahead of him but i intentionly slowed back down to the area i was in is natorius for speed traps. if i kept going and the police wernt there it would have really been interesting.
im happy for you too man, haha. rice ;d

Last edited by pizzarrhea; 03-03-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:53 AM

nice choice. Dont push your luck on the streets... not worth it! That guy in the eclipse found out the hard way.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:22 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I notice it says you are in Lakeland, FL... my grandfather lives there... where you up in Waldo or one of those little towns messing around?

I love how Florida drops your speed limits. Any other state goes straight from the speed limit you are in to the next... Florida shows you a Reduce Speed Ahead sign while you're in a 55 zone.. then you see a 45 sign... then a 35 sign... then a 25 sign.... you just don't know when to stop slowing down sometimes!

Old 03-04-2010, 09:27 AM
10 Year Member

i know what you mean when you see some thing like that it means that road has alot of speed traps on it getting speeders. but when i noticed the speed drop that started me to think quick and slow way down in a hurry. the guy in a eclips didnt relise the speed droped down from 55 to 35 in a hurry and i just happend to see that 35 speen up ahead sign befor he did. i am just glad i turned before i got close on where he was or i would got a ticket as well because this area if you are close to some one speeding your guilty by assosiation as in being clsoe to that one speeding or doing some thing else

Old 03-04-2010, 09:30 AM
10 Year Member

besides i usually open up a track race when i use my dd and when they think i am going to use my monte on the track i just pull up with my mustang gt track car