Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

can I take him??

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Default can I take him??

I've got an 04 Intimidator, (been trying to upload pics but there have been problems if anyone wants to help out). There is this kid at my job with the Supercharged Cobaltthat has been giving me this look since he started here a coupla months back and I think he's purposely taken my parking spot on my lunches. I talked to him today and he's got a CAI mod, thats about it. I know those little 4 bangers arequicker off the line than mine because his is so light but I wannasmoke him.feedback

Old 04-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Default RE: can I take him??

that cobalt has a good 260 HP stock... it will give you one HELL of a run. is yours a stock intimidator? as for the pictures.... whats the problem?

Old 04-16-2008, 03:51 PM

Well if he only has CAI you should be able to get him stock you have 240 hp 280 lbs tq
Cobalt is 205 hp 200 lbs tq.
With that said make sure you can launch your car. Cuz these numbers dont mean much if you cant drive your car.
Is he an Auto or 5 Speed?

Vita the Turbo Charged Cobalt has 260 HP stock not the Supercharged. Also the Turbo Cobalt is not even out yet.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:23 PM

What all do you have done to your Monte. Stock a supercharged Monte runs right around 15 flat. Those Supercharged Cobalt SS runs mid 14's so unless he can't drive or you have some work done, good luck to you.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Old 04-16-2008, 04:48 PM

if you can drive and it is a supercharged nothing more than cai there is no way you can lose because i know i don't have the 240hp at my fingertips i have maybe 224hp and i burned one from the roll and from the stand still and it was 5speed (my monte shifts at 6200 vs 5800 stock) so every time he shift gears i left him a little more so yea go out and crush him for being a chevy ricer

Old 04-16-2008, 04:54 PM

well the only modification I've done to it is add a Dale #3 Intimidator pillow someone left at the laundry mat a coupla of weeks ago. I took that as a sign and then.......I took it. Not the best thing I've ever done but whatever. I plan on getting a CAI, exhaust and Hypertech programmer in May but I just wanna know if I don't have to wait that long to smoke him and if you guys think I can smoke him stock. I'm gonna go for it. Oh yeah his is 5 speed

Old 04-16-2008, 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: WhipItGood

well the only modification I've done to it is add a Dale #3 Intimidator pillow someone left at the laundry mat a coupla of weeks ago. I took that as a sign and then.......I took it. Not the best thing I've ever done but whatever. I plan on getting a CAI, exhaust and Hypertech programmer in May but I just wanna know if I don't have to wait that long to smoke him and if you guys think I can smoke him stock. I'm gonna go for it. Oh yeah his is 5 speed
Please please please do not get a hypertech programmer for your 3800... ZZP 1.0 PCM, or get your own actual tuner, like a used PowrTuner from DHP, or a new HPTuners VCM Suite.

good job on the pillow.

you will take him off the line, but he will catch up. They have the power to weight ratio advantage, but you have off the line torque advantage, so stock for stock, they will win in the long run... make the race as short as possible (0 to 60 or 80mph). If it's to 100mph, they will overtake you. Stock Cobalts will run 98mph in the 1/4, mid to lower 14s. Stock L67 w-bodies range from 15.0 to 14.5, 92-94mph. That's real driver experience, not a auto magazine review.

Good luck.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:05 PM

yea i think lav may be right my races never got above 50-55 tops maybe slower than that i pulled he changed gears i pulled more he quit then at the light i launched he could not drive tried to play catch up did not work he quit again so yea keep it quick and short you will be fine

Old 04-16-2008, 06:26 PM

No, you can't. get Hp Tuners, colder plugs, and a CAI, then start tuning your car in...

THEN, and ONLY THEN, can you take a chance at beating a stock S/C Cobalt.

Quick Reply: can I take him??