Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

acura rsx = owned

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 03:33 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default acura rsx = owned

well today i was cruisin in the monte down what used to be a highway, now its just a long road that takes you just about anywhere you want haha.....anyways, im cruisin with the windows down, listening to metallica's "the unforgiven III" and up comes rolling an acura rsx....the older body style. i noticed him brake so he could roll next to me, and he looks over and says nice car, any mods?
i looked over and revved. he said "supercharged"?
yep.
i looked at his car, and somewhere underneath the +5 hp brand stickers i saw a sparkling blue paint job with gold wheels. it looked clean, and i heard his coffee can. i cant stand the coffee can exhausts.
we keep cruising, and he is still just pacing with me, as if he's wanting me to jump on it. i dont just do that, thats not my style. if i know im gonna beat you (and i will beat him, but thats coming up in the story) i wanna do it right, so then there are no questions, no "i didnt know you wanted to race" bs, and no "you jumped early" crap. we do it, and we do it once. winner take all style.
we have to cruise for a while, about 7 blocks before we hit a red light. its a small intersection, not much traffic. suprisingly, we are the first at the line. the road we are on has 3 lanes each direction.
i look over to hear him rev, only to make himself look worse for the crowd of cars behind us. i dont rev. im a humble guy. i dont need to tell everyone "look at my chevy, we are going to race!"
i remember the light turning green and me just catching traction. not too much burn out, just traction. i look over to see what he's doing, and i saw him so concentrated. the greddy and aem horsepower stickers arent going to help you buddy. not this time at least.
i dominate him. i was suprised i dominated him that badly, seeing as he's much lighter than me. i had him by at least 2 car length's, at least before i start slowing down. i noticed i was doing 82 in a 45 so yea, brakes it is. the horsepower on my aeroforce gauge went up to 284 at one point...but i never really did much in 4th gear. just barely got out of 3rd before i started slowing down. that was the first time i've had a comparison car next to me since the supercharger install, and it was good to see that it paid off.
as we approach the next red light we caught together, he gives me a thumbs up and asks what other mods i've done besides the hood, but i still dont tell him. thats a well kept secret. i just tell him "a few" and give him a nod back to be respectful. it was fun! my car has come a long way from when i first had it...i remember a honda prelude paced right next to me, as i told myself "how embarrassing". thats when i vowed that would never happen again. a week later i ordered my first parts from zzp, and my car would never be the same!
my favorite picture must now be hung:

monte = 1
acura = 0

Old 05-15-2009, 05:17 AM

Congrat's `Matt on another Win

Be Safe, but Keep Winning

Old 05-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

That's awesome! The Coffee Can Crew are idiots... They need to be put in their place. nice job.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:58 AM

good win

Old 05-15-2009, 12:17 PM

LMAO +5 hp stickers good one. i call them farting tin cans lol they're all over the place. I've only raced once and that was an 05 civic with one of those farting mufflers that you can fit a watermelon into. I beat him by about 3 cars.

american muscle ftw!

Old 05-15-2009, 04:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That rocked! Well told.. I'm feeling that!

Old 05-16-2009, 02:16 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member

thanks guys!

just be safe when racing like that.

now i just cant wait for a mustang to roll up next to me. i need to dominate a V8......thats my next task at hand haha.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:04 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Sounds like a blast man.

Old 05-16-2009, 02:09 PM

hahah man that's a good time the ricer boys really get on my nerves with their 'fast and the furious' crap... i'm glad you stuck one in his place

Old 05-21-2009, 10:50 PM

I love racing rice modders, all graphics and no go. my stock 3.8 beats 99% of them.

I have however beat me ex gf's rustang 4.6 v8. she has a weird thing at always shifting at 2K rmp, robs herself of a lot of power.

Quick Reply: acura rsx = owned