Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

2005 Mazda 6 vs. 1998 Monte Carlo LS

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Default 2005 Mazda 6 vs. 1998 Monte Carlo LS

I was sitting at an intersection, and a lady pulled up beside me in the shoulder. Now at first I couldn't figure out what she wanted, until I realized she kept inching forward, inching forward, meaning she was hoping to bypass the traffic behind me, race ahead, and cut me off seeing as the shoulder cut off shortly after the intersection. Now I usually don't race random people from a light, but I was a little annoyed by her, and I really didn't feel like getting cut off.

So while the lights were red I started to brake stall. As soon as the lights turned green, I released the brake. Slowly leaned into the gas, and took off. Now both my tires, and the mazda's where spinning in the gravel, but I caught traction first, and ended up kicking her *** by about a car length. Not great, but a win is a win. She ended up following me down the road till the next set of lights, where it spilt into a two lane again. She in the right, me in the left. Again she was inching her way up, the lights turned green, so without brake stalling, i leaned into the gas again, a little lighter this time, caught traction and took off. She seemed to keep up with me, until I hit 3000 rpm's and I just took off. I stopped accelerating once I reached the speed limit of 80km/h. I was ahead of her by about 1 1/2 car lengths. She passed me, cut me off, which give me enough time to check out the V6 symbol on her trunk.

I felt fairly proud with the fact that my monte carlo took a mazda 6 no problem. according to the net the v6's have a 3.0 pushing 215hp @ 6000rpm and 199 torque @ 5000 rpm. I guess my low end torque was just enough to give me the lead and hold it. The lady in the mazda didn't look to happy but ohh well.

Ohh and the only things I have done to my car performance wise is a CAI. So nothing big.

Just thought I'd share my little story with you guys.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Default RE: 2005 Mazda 6 vs. 1998 Monte Carlo LS

Thats awesome! Congrats on your win over a 3.0!!

Old 02-07-2008, 11:39 PM

I hate people that try to pull stuff like that. Whenever I get the feeling that the person in the lane next to me is going to try to race ahead and cut me off, I always slam on the gas and blast their doors off. Especially when that person knows the lane ends and they want to wait until the last second to get over. Good job on the win.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:07 AM

Thanks. I would have figured that a mazda 6 could take me no problems, but nope. Gotta love american car's with low end torque and power

Old 02-08-2008, 06:37 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

nice job man.. glad to hear it. you sure she just wasn't getting the bad end of the stick and not getting traction before you?

Old 02-08-2008, 09:11 AM

I would have done the same I hate people driving like that without a reason. Most cases they are doing to get ahead of traffic.
But once in a while you will get someone doing this cuz of an emergency.
I had a lady in a POS honda come up on the shoulder at a light she knew I was gonna mash the gass so she beeped at me and rolled down the window and asked if she can go first her son was in the hospital so she was rusing there. She might have lied but she looked in distress alright. I did let her go infront.

Good kill on the Mazda.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:49 AM

[align=center]98MonteLS vs 05Mazda6[/align][align=center]Zoom ~ zoom[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]&[/align][align=center]After two intense/highly charged Race's[/align][align=center]the Winner is[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]MCF Member `Farfig[/align][align=center]Congrat's `Brad[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]BeachBum Production below[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Officer:[:@]Couldn't catch that 98 Monte[/align][align=center]Dispatch: [&:]10-4[/align][align=center]Caught the Mazda[/align][align=center][&:]:Good, Arrest the driver....[/align][align=center]Mazda ~ []:Officer, it was the Monte's fault,[/align][align=center]he was go'in faster then me....[/align][align=center]Officer :[:@]I know, I couldn't catch the Monte, but[/align][align=center]I caught you : ) LOL [/align][align=center]People on the Street Watch'in: ~> [8D][8D][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 02-08-2008, 01:07 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center][/align][align=center]BeachBum Production below[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Officer:[:@]Couldn't catch that 98 Monte[/align][align=center]Dispatch: [&:]10-4[/align][align=center]Caught the Mazda[/align][align=center][&:]:Good, Arrest the driver....[/align][align=center]Mazda ~ []:Officer, it was the Monte's fault,[/align][align=center]he was go'in faster then me....[/align][align=center]Officer :[:@]I know, I couldn't catch the Monte, but[/align][align=center]I caught you : ) LOL [/align][align=center]People on the Street Watch'in: ~> [8D][8D][/align][align=center][/align]
And the award for weird post goes to....
SpaceRider
Sorry, couldn't resist.
I think the devil made me do it.
[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 02-08-2008, 01:10 PM

Haha. No I had my window's rolled down and could hear her tires, and my own, spinning on the gravel. Mine caught traction shortly before hers

Old 02-08-2008, 01:24 PM

Cowboy , thanks for this highlyhonored Award
for Weird Post,
but I have to give 99% of this Award to the
BeachRiverBum's
We humbly accept this high honor,
&
we realize that we all need to
Get a `Life, Oh...& some money : ) Oh, Food 2..
We are thinking about entering the MCF Rehab
for Web Addictions & Crazy Posts
Thanks again,
`Space & the BeachRiverBum's

Quick Reply: 2005 Mazda 6 vs. 1998 Monte Carlo LS