Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing your Monte (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/)
-   -   2000 ss the fasts 3.8 built (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/2000-ss-fasts-3-8-built-18778/)

jeff 02-17-2010 05:25 PM

2000 ss the fasts 3.8 built

2000 ss vs my buddy 2002 ss less miles i smoked him he put mufflers on smoked him he put k&n cold air still beat him my 2000 was stock with 100000 more klicks my buddys got a 2007 grand prix beat him buddy sold his ss bought ss with super charger my tranny was goin like they do on 3.8 i had no 4 gear witch help me cause it wouldn t kick down he barly beat me 2000 was the best 3.8 made they got them tune better then the other s so if ur lookin for the best 3.8 ss monte it s 2000 for sure

mrl390 02-17-2010 06:08 PM

There is no difference in tuning between the 2000-2005 n/a SS monte carlos.

red04montels 02-17-2010 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by mrl390 (Post 201179)
There is no difference in tuning between the 2000-2005 n/a SS monte carlos.

haha :D

jeff 02-17-2010 08:14 PM

ok why can u buy hyper tec programer 2001an up but not 2000 i can go on about stuff that don t hook up to 2000 s why is that then oh my bud work at the plant here in canada an says they are faster an go on to 0to 60 times 2000 faster then the rest hmmmmmm something about pcm s in 2000 ss i do no alittle bit about cars i m a deisel mechnic an did build a 2000 monte 3.8 doe s 0 to 60 5 sec s flat with out supper charger or reprogramin the pcm hmmmm

mrl390 02-17-2010 08:39 PM

What did you do to that monte carlo to get it to hit 5 second 0-60?

vita 02-17-2010 09:04 PM

let me introduce you to a friend of mine. He's called the period.

After saying that... what did you do to build the 3800 like that? Do you have any pics of the build? It be interesting to see a motor tweaked like that.

nitehawkjcb 02-18-2010 09:48 PM

Sorry, but my 3800 with a 3.4 pulley goes from 0-60 in 5.33 seconds, so I seriously doubt your stock N/A 3800 could come anywhere near that.

Dale3goodwrench 02-19-2010 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by jeff (Post 201235)
ok why can u buy hyper tec programer 2001an up but not 2000 i can go on about stuff that don t hook up to 2000 s why is that then oh my bud work at the plant here in canada an says they are faster an go on to 0to 60 times 2000 faster then the rest hmmmmmm something about pcm s in 2000 ss i do no alittle bit about cars i m a deisel mechnic an did build a 2000 monte 3.8 doe s 0 to 60 5 sec s flat with out supper charger or reprogramin the pcm hmmmm

This guy is full of bullsh*t. He is a diesel mechanic and he cant even spell diesel or mechanic. Explain to us what a supper charger is also. At least learn how to use spell check so you dont look so stupid.

JAFO 02-19-2010 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dale3goodwrench (Post 201656)
This guy is full of bullsh*t. He is a diesel mechanic and he cant even spell diesel or mechanic. Explain to us what a supper charger is also. At least learn how to use spell check so you dont look so stupid.

Think a supper charger is what they used in the last Back to the Future for fueling the DeLorean. Drop old food in it and you can go back to the future... No what I mean? :rolleyes:

WOW, after reading this thread my brain hurts!

jeff 02-19-2010 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb (Post 201637)
Sorry, but my 3800 with a 3.4 pulley goes from 0-60 in 5.33 seconds, so I seriously doubt your stock N/A 3800 could come anywhere near that.

dude it s not stock now

jeff 02-19-2010 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Dale3goodwrench (Post 201656)

sorry a bout my spelling dislecksic an if u read it i said i rebuilt it an u can look at a pic of my engine that s a old pic i try to put some more pic s on but i see no pic s of ur engine is there any i like 2 see what a supper charger is oh diesel s use turbo s

jeff 02-19-2010 07:59 AM

ok i said i built 0to60 5sec car #2 diesel s use turbo s an i m sorry for my spelling im disleckick hey good wrench i look at ur pic s nice car but do u have any engine picks cause i d love 2 see what a supper charger look s like oh i got a pic of mine it a old pic but i ll try to put some more newer pic s on have a great day

ChibiBlackSheep 02-19-2010 08:58 AM

Look we all know what they say about stickers...

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/pi...pictureid=3830

MAMONTE 02-19-2010 09:02 AM

They make the car faster right! ;) LOL

vita 02-19-2010 09:06 AM

Use periods.

please.

Reading one long ass sentence give me a headache I can't explain.

bob442 02-19-2010 10:01 AM

Dislexic or not, take a breather and try to spell a bit better. I feel like I'm out of breath reading you replys in my head.

bumpin96monte 02-19-2010 12:09 PM

2000 ss vs my buddy 2002 ss less miles i smoked him he put mufflers on smoked him he put k&n cold air still beat him my 2000 was stock with 100000 more klicks
I'll buy that- I had a 00 Impala that was always a little quicker than other stock 3800's- and I beat my buddy's na GP that had a few mods. Just called a factory freak, thats all.

bought ss with super charger my tranny was goin like they do on 3.8 i had no 4 gear witch help me cause it wouldn t kick down he barly beat me
Definitely gonna call BS on that one- if he barely beat you it was because he fails at the driving. Given someone who can actually launch the car, it is a faster car than yours.

Secondly, what does having no 4th gear have to do with the race? You're say you're a mechanic- you do realize that at WOT the car won't shift into 4th until well over 100 mph right?

ok i said i built 0to60 5sec car
Ok, so I'll ask again- what do you have done to your car to make it do 0-60 in 5 seconds?

Since you don't know what a supercharged 3800 looks like, I'll assume you're not top swapped- so do you have a turbo or spray?

nitehawkjcb 02-19-2010 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by jeff (Post 201694)
dude it s not stock now

Regardless, I ran a 13.8 in the quarter mile with that 5.33 0-60 time, and you'd need a seriously BUILT L36 to even barely break into 13's. What are your mods?

monte07 02-19-2010 02:24 PM

i have seen some people sorry i am a bad speller. use just the heads off of a supercharger 3.8 model then later on. i mean like a year later get the supercharger later due to lack of funds. it will make it move a little faster but not much till after a supercharger has been put on. but there has been some i have seen that just do a rebuild on the n/a motor with all the good parts in it. also a port on the intake manifold and the port on the exaughst manifold also a port and polish as well on the heads that help some on the air flow. but it is not as fast as a forced air inbuction engin!

monte07 02-19-2010 02:26 PM

besides blacksheep stickers will not make your car faster its the driver and how well the car is up keeped. as in loved like rutine maintained

mrl390 02-19-2010 04:07 PM

Im still waiting to hear what you did to that L36 to get it to go 0-60 in 5 seconds. I call bull**** also.

Dbl_D718 02-19-2010 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by monte07 (Post 201868)
i have seen some people sorry i am a bad speller. use just the heads off of a supercharger 3.8 model then later on. i mean like a year later get the supercharger later due to lack of funds. it will make it move a little faster but not much till after a supercharger has been put on. but there has been some i have seen that just do a rebuild on the n/a motor with all the good parts in it. also a port on the intake manifold and the port on the exaughst manifold also a port and polish as well on the heads that help some on the air flow. but it is not as fast as a forced air inbuction engin!

You can't just put L67 heads on an L36 engine without finishing the whole top swap. I mean, I guess you could plug the extra injector holes, but it'd be stupid and wouldn't make your car any faster.

jeff 02-19-2010 07:38 PM

u now what sorry i didn t want 2 start **** an ya ur right stickers don t make it go faster but u can t see what i did inside engine so i could tell u then i getcall bull****er again so ya what ever i m a bull****ter chevy don t tell ford there buissnes an i m not tellin u mine got go put in some new axles have a great day

mrl390 02-19-2010 08:20 PM

No one is starting s***. We want to know what you have done to accomplish feats with an N/A L36 that no other person has. If you dont want to tell us then dont tell us but dont be surprised if people dont believe you. Sorry for upsetting you, not my intention. Have a nice day.

2003supersport 02-19-2010 08:53 PM

wow. i feel that i've lost 5 minutes of my life reading this thread. its like a crappy movie that doesnt even have an ending, making you more frustrated because you just watched a crappy movie and got no closure from the crappiness lol

monte carlo 3831 02-19-2010 09:25 PM

can we give jeff a break already, he hasn't called bs on any of you! maybe more explanation is needed from him? he is a newer member here and we are not here to bash each other! I personally don't have the tools, time or space to work on my car, I have to get most everything done by someone else! some people don't spell great, speak good or both, but give him a little consideration! he has made time to be on the forum so give him the benefit of being a member here!! just my opinion on this, thanks for listening!!

nemesis 02-19-2010 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831 (Post 202014)
can we give jeff a break already, he hasn't called bs on any of you! maybe more explanation is needed from him? he is a newer member here and we are not here to bash each other! I personally don't have the tools, time or space to work on my car, I have to get most everything done by someone else! some people don't spell great, speak good or both, but give him a little consideration! he has made time to be on the forum so give him the benefit of being a member here!! just my opinion on this, thanks for listening!!

lol this is interesting thread. chris, there's always freak or maybe some monte carlo hater that will come to the forum to get attention. this is like on every car forums i'm in. jeff, might not be one of them but who knows!! remember the guy from florida with the lizard crawl inside his throttle body?

monte carlo 3831 02-19-2010 10:16 PM

lmao, yes I do, thanks for reminding me:eek: I think we just have to give everyone here a chance to speak! I have 3000 some odd posts and believe me, I've said alot of stupid **** in my short time here!!

Enzo354 02-20-2010 01:35 AM

I have an SS badge on the exact same spot on my dash. *changes subject*

bumpin96monte 02-20-2010 02:31 AM

u can t see what i did inside engine so i could tell u then i getcall bull****er again so ya what ever i m a bull****ter chevy don t tell ford there buissnes an i m not tellin u mine got
Are you a street racer or something, so you have to keep your mods a secret?

Assuming you actually have the mods to get the car to do 0-60 in 5 seconds, no one is gonna call BS. Given how many modded 3800's there are, its common knowledge what it takes to hit certain power levels- we're just asking you how YOU did it. You just kinda insinuated in your post that you have one of the quickest NA 3800's, so we're curious what you did.

I'll admit, I did call BS on you beating a SC 3800- but thats when I assumed you raced him when you were stock (hence the thread title, the "2000 SS is the fasts 3800")- you can't really say the 2000 SS's were the quickest if yours was modded. Its like saying the 02's are the quickest if you port the heads and intake, lol.

can we give jeff a break already, he hasn't called bs on any of you!
All we really asked for was a mod list- seems pretty simple?

jeff 02-20-2010 07:04 AM

my engine has speed pro pistions comp cam v max lifters superdamper harmonic balancer port polished there s not anything on it thats not new oh the dexcool had 1 of my ports cloged an was eating a way at them something to think about oil cooler &tran s thats whats in my engine

jeff 02-20-2010 08:04 AM

oh an i never said i had the fastes 3.8 i said 2000 engines where faster then 2001 an up from the factory an of coures not the supper charger ones i live 10 min s away from st thomas dragway i go every friday it s 15.00 to race come on down 5.00 to watch

jeff 02-20-2010 09:56 AM

oh i ve look at some of ur car s nice rides but come on now buddy talks about my stickers there under my hood where i don t have to show any 1 an u can see there not bull**** stickers oh sorry cam 1 can prove that 1 but each for there own i would never put a sticker in my window sayin monte carlo SS i think chev did a good job of lettin poeple know what it is but i don t make dum remarks about it or tell poeple they wasted money on a air intake that s just suckin hot air cover it up man cold intake s they might be called that but a true cold intake is out side of ur car vetts have a true cold intake it s cold for 10 min s when u first start ur car u could have used a cheap paper filter in ur box an got the same gain but it looks nice right i posted some of my mod s i left out a **** load of little **** like 180 stat wooow come on i don t make fun of that stuff if i posted everything i done that would even make my list tell me u got 2fan s from a 350 sucker an puller i don t make fun of that **** so sorry about spellin an no periods but don t make fun i don t u all got nice cars an did a lot of nice work each for there own

monte07 02-20-2010 12:21 PM

well lets drop it down a notch. did a good job with the motor jeff i was just wondering what you did to it.what i mean a little what you did at least on the motor. your right about a cold air intake that is wide open in the engine compartment they suck hot air after the engin warms up. there are kits like the wizzard and the kit from coldairinductions.com that help suck cold air. there is heat tape that can be used as a insolator on the intake tube to help keep the air going threw it cool. also exaughst wrap to help keep the heat down as well. but dont think i am picking i am just agreing that some cold air intakes that are out there just hot air intake sucking in the air in sidr the engine compartment. those are a far cry from what most of us have on our cars i am going to get a intake from coldairinductions.because it helps bring in cold air more directlythan a stock air box. i have a cold air intake on my mustang it is getting its air threw the fender. i think chevy and ford has it right about the best way on getting cold air into the engines. but some of there designs in there stock air boxes and tubing is kind of non flow frendly because they are designed to be quiet not to have a wisle sond when accelerating. same way with the exaughst i can go on with the basics i have noticed a gain in gas miledge when doing basic changes like ctrue cold aire intake and exaughst. it helps out to keep the engine running with less effort then trying to get air and pushing air. greater the air flow=less rpm to be effecent

bumpin96monte 02-20-2010 12:41 PM

my engine has speed pro pistions
What compression ratio did you go with?

comp cam
Which cam did you go with?

v max lifters superdamper harmonic balancer
Hate to say it, but I think you kinda wasted your money on both of these- lots of money for no hp gain at all. Same thing with the coils & wires.

Also, just out of curiosity- I see you have headers (I hope those aren't pacesetters, they look kinda big), and you say you have a cam, and porting and such- why leave the stock airbox on there?

i said 2000 engines where faster then 2001 an up from the factory
I really don't think this is the case. It is definitely possible you got a car that was more of a 'factory freak'- and makes a little more power than others, that is going to happen with manufacturing tolerances. But its just as likely in 02, 04, 00, any year- you're going to naturally have some cars that come out slower and quicker than average.

i live 10 min s away from st thomas dragway i go every friday
Just out of curiosity- what do you run in the 1/4 then?

oh i ve look at some of ur car s nice rides but come on now buddy talks about my stickers there under my hood where i don t have to show any 1 an u can see there not bull**** stickers oh sorry cam 1 can prove that 1 but each for there own i would never put a sticker in my window sayin monte carlo SS i think chev did a good job of lettin poeple know what it is but i don t make dum remarks about it or tell poeple they wasted money on a air intake that s just suckin hot air cover it up man cold intake s they might be called that but a true cold intake is out side of ur car vetts have a true cold intake it s cold for 10 min s when u first start ur car u could have used a cheap paper filter in ur box an got the same gain but it looks nice right i posted some of my mod s i left out a **** load of little **** like 180 stat wooow come on i don t make fun of that stuff if i posted everything i done that would even make my list tell me u got 2fan s from a 350 sucker an puller i don t make fun of that **** so sorry about spellin an no periods but don t make fun i don t u all got nice cars an did a lot of nice work each for there own
The spelling doesn't bug me- but the lack of basic punctuation makes that almost unreadable. Its not so bad when you only type a sentence or two and then hit reply- but typing out a full paragraph like that makes it tough.

jeff 02-20-2010 03:46 PM

it s not all a bout HP i got a engine thats tough an not gona break after a year it s gona take the beatin i give it come on would u use straping to frame ur house do it right an i did oh a good spark don t do anything oh **** man ok i ll see if i can get my money back thats a old pic an i ran with out the screen an k&n filter in box an 2 tell u the truth the cold k&n intake is comin off an box back on when i take off my head light it gets all it needs for air well thank s for all ur info on me wastin my money i ll still be ripin up the road long after most keep it strong

mrl390 02-20-2010 04:08 PM

Just FYI, the stock L36 bottom end is almost indestructable and will last just as long or longer than your rebuild. Most people leave the internals alone in the 3800 for that reason. Was the engine blown that you rebuilt? I understand the rebuild in that case. Also, like bumpin said, the new coils arent necessary, the stock GM coils have more than enough power to keep up.

Where is St. Thomas dragway? Do they hold any interesting events there?

jeff 02-20-2010 05:38 PM

ok yes they where award winners an tough my car s 10 years old had 270 thousand on it **** wear s u do what u think u need 2 was it a waste to put wirers on 2 oh my god leave it be i now my **** about car s i do there s more at grand bend speedway

bumpin96monte 02-20-2010 07:42 PM

it s not all a bout HP i got a engine thats tough an not gona break after a year it s gona take the beatin i give it
You do realize that STOCK 3800 bottom ends have seen 8 second quarter mile passes, up to 1000 crank horsepower, and many many hit or exceed 200k miles with them in daily drivers?

So if you rebuilt the bottom end and bought those special pistons with the thought that yours was somehow inadequate, then I'm sorry - but thats just not the case. It is a common misconception though.

an i did oh a good spark don t do anything oh **** man ok i ll see if i can get my money back
I was just saying that the new coils and new wires (and special plugs I'm assuming too) gained you no extra horsepower, and no extra reliability. Its been proven many times that the ignition system is not the weak point on the 3800. Actually, I'm pretty sure the 8 second 3800 still ran stock coil packs. I'm just trying to save you money- some people sell theirs and put their stockers back on and make some money back- or if nothing else, at least when they go bad, you could put OEM stuff back on to save some money.

cold k&n intake is comin off an box back on when i take off my head light it gets all it needs for air
Why would you put the stock intake box back in? It is far more restictive than an aftermarket box with a larger aftermarket filter. If you don't like the openness of the K&N open top box (one of the worst CAI boxes available for the 3800)- get a Wizair- that way you get the cold air, and less restriction.

thank s for all ur info on me wastin my money i ll still be ripin up the road long after most keep it strong
I fail to see what you did that will make your 3800 last longer than any other 3800. You can't escape wear on the piston rings and bearings- so your engine will wear out just like every other 3800- you just reset that to 0 miles when you did the rebuild. Really, it would've been cheaper just to pick up a low mileage long block- and would've lasted just as long as your special rebuild though.

I'm not trying to rag on you by saying that- I have a prepped bottom end myself with forged pistons in my monte - and I know my engine isn't going to last any more miles than any stock 3800 would've.

Also- you never answered- what did you run in the 1/4 mile?

jeff 02-20-2010 08:52 PM

when s the last time u clean ur coil s took them off an look at the bottom of them # 2 i really got a great deal on my part s i k now the right poeple the tranny rebuild cost nothin buddy own s shop all my part s cost 2 week s pay if i goona do anything i ll use my hoodscoop to suck cold air but thanks for everything but ya 1/4 time every time i tell u somthing it s a waste or rong so don t worrie about it it fassster then stock so i musta did somethin right seee ya goin take out my indystorm an that will do 0 to 60 as fast as u can snap ur fingers peace