PRIVATE Wanted Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

WTT- 2001 Jeep Cherokee For '02-'05 Monte Carlo SS

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 06:57 PM
Default WTT- 2001 Jeep Cherokee For '02-'05 Monte Carlo SS

Been thinking about this for a while, and decided to put my XJ up for trade. I miss driving a car every day, and love Montes, so maybe someone here is looking for a truck and wants to swap.

It's a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport with graphite interior. It's loaded with power windows and locks, heated power mirrors, tilt wheel, keyless entry, rear defrost, and factory privacy glass (tinted windows). I'm the second owner - I bought it in March of 2005 with 48K, and it has 92K miles now. It's never been crashed, painted, or off-roaded and has a clean CarFax. It's got great heat and AC and has been well-maintained - I have a stack of receipts and kept a log of when parts were replaced. It runs just a tick under 210 all the time, which is perfect for this motor. Oil pressure is normal - 20psi at hot idle, and ~50psi under load. It's equipped with the awesome AW4 auto trans, NP231 transfer case and Chrysler 8.25 rear - basically a bullet-proof combo. Also, the rear brakes have been converted over to discs with parts pirated from a '97 Grand Cherokee, so it stops much better than before!!

The interior is in great shape - never smoked in, and I never allowed my kids to eat in it so it's very clean. I added adjustable/removable rear seat headrests pilfered from a Grand Cherokee, and silver-faced gauge overlays. Inspection is good through 3/11. Two summers ago I replaced the water pump, clutch fan, thermostat, and upper/lower hoses, and installed new front brakes. It got a new AC evaporator the year before that. It's also got a newer Dynomax cat-back exhaust, and the main cats were replaced under federal warranty within the last few years - I have paperwork for it. Other items installed in the last few years include both upper O2 sensors, Optima battery, new front driver side window regulator, Pioneer CD with AUX input and new speakers all around, Bilstein shocks, and Moog swaybar bushings and endlinks. Last winter I scored a set of 16x8" Rubicon wheels so I bought a brand new set of Firestone Destination A/T 235/70 16 tires and had them mounted/balanced (they have about 8K miles on them now). The headlights were replaced with Rampage conversion lenses and H4 bulbs, and run off an Eautoworks upgraded harness. It also has a decent pair of Pilot driving lights mounted near the stock openings. They're wired with relays that shut off with the high beams like a stock setup would. Cosmetically, it's very clean. Some of the paint is flaking off the bumper endcaps from being bumped in the parking lot at work, but it'd be easy enough to strip them back to black. If it wasn't so cold I would do it myself. It's also got a few shopping cart dings. Other than that, it's basically rust free and in great shape.

I'd really like to trade it for a low-mile '02-'05 Monte Carlo SS (preferably white, silver, or black - any color but maroon). I could put cash on top if your car is worth more than my Jeep. I figure the Cherokee is worth about $6500 - after looking on cars.com and Autotrader, you'll see that's a good price, especially considering the low miles, upgrades, and good maintainence history. Here's a few pics -
Rear disc conversion -

Rear seat headrest install -

PM me if you (or you know someone) interested! I'm up in North Jersey, near NYC, so I'd prefer something in the NJ/NY/CT area. Thanks in advance!