PRIVATE Wanted Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

My never-ending search for...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Default My never-ending search for...

the 2006 race inspired spoiler!!! i have searched everywhere for the spoiler that is most commonly seen on the 2006 ltz or ss because i have 2006 ls and it comes with the surfboard style spoiler. if anyone has one or knows of anyone thats selling that spoiler please let me know.

i actually found one and got my hopes up, but the vendor refuses to ship the spoiler from minneapolis to florida =(

Old 12-26-2008, 06:41 AM
Default RE: My never-ending search for...

I know your fustration. I ordered the gound effects package back in 03 only to find out I needed to have body work done to get rid of the surfboard so I returned it. I would of thought by now someone would have designed a direct replacement for the surfboard without doing any bodywork...OH WELL the search continues.

YBnormal...drive a MCSS

Old 12-26-2008, 07:26 AM

[align=center]Hi Melvin,[/align][align=center]Check out the below link for Monte Carlo BodyParts/Kits[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You can email them with your ?`s[/align][align=center]Good Luck[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.mpd-inc.net/mc.htm[/align]

Old 12-26-2008, 06:14 PM

go underneith in your trunk and tell me if you have four "bolts". 2 in each side.
gm went cheap and made lots of interchangable parts now. (hence why the 06/07 montes arent rear wheel drive like origionally planned) but nayhow i dont see them drilling different holes for diffent trims. its likely that you will be able to get one from gmparts direct, or a dealership and get it painted. atleast thats my thought. if worse comes to worse see if you cant find a totaled monte somewhere with one.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:15 AM

I did look under the trunklit of my 03 and thereare 2 visible on each side. Is there any hiding from me somewhere else?
Once the bolts are removed on each side, should the surfboard lift straight up to be removed, or is there a trick to getting it off. I tried once with just the 4 bolts removed and it was like it was glued down or something. Or there are some more bolts somewhere that I can't see.

Thanks,
YBnormal...drive a MCSS

Old 12-27-2008, 08:07 AM

no thers no bolts only the 2 on each side........

the middle is stuck good with 2way tape.its a pain to get it off but slowly and steady it comes off.......
i did mine and thats how i know
the 2 way tape is about a foot long in the middle

Old 12-27-2008, 11:43 AM

i also took myne off it has 2 patches of 2 sidied tape one each side. they best way to do it is to take what we call a dikfer (a polymer wedge) looks like this :

i have no idea tho were to get them. mayby a auto tool supplier. the shop gets them from the glass people. try googleing versa wedges. :

Old 12-30-2008, 07:06 AM

I also need a 06 spoiler, so here is a bump for you.
I did contact dealshipdesins to see if there spoiler was a direct bolt on replacement but it will not cover the two foward most holes, so it looks like the 06 spoiler is the best route to go for replacing the surfboard.

YBnormal...drive a Monte

Old 01-19-2009, 10:15 AM

thanks for the replys guys sorry i took so long to reply again its just that i don't usually have people responding to my posts =/

and "YBnormal... drive a monte" thats price less lol i love driving around miami and rarely ever seeing another monte around =)

Old 02-19-2009, 03:08 PM

Item found, Moderators, if you wish you can go ahead and delete this post. Thanks

Quick Reply: My never-ending search for...