PRIVATE Wanted Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

Black Headlights W/ CLEAR CORNERS

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Teacher
The stupid thing is I would pay 600-700 for a set of projector halo lights like they have for the 06-07 monte, but no one makes them. One of these days I will have to try to make my own.
Good point! They make the projector halo headlights for just about every car out there I don't get why nobody has made them for the 00-05 Monte Carlos. I guess the first person to start making them will make a killing. I know I would buy them for sure.

Clear corner or not mine are on the way I hope for clear corner but o well if not I guess they are still black lol.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:10 AM

Well here they are. Black headlights with LED turn signals and HID bulbs and ballasts installed. I bought them from Mr. JDM off Ebay and so far I like them. The only problem was that one of the ballasts is faulty but he said he would send me out two more just for the trouble.

PS-I put Silver Star Ultras in my high beams and they are terrible I can see no reason to even turn them when I have the HIDs.

Last edited by Pure2sin; 08-28-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:31 AM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up

Congrats! they look real nice, like the leds, guess they werent clear cornered after all tho huh?

Old 08-28-2009, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by 3tErNaL
Congrats! they look real nice, like the leds, guess they werent clear cornered after all tho huh?
No as I had guessed but still had hoped they were but no they are the OEM corners. I put the LED lights in there from Ebay they actually look GREAT I am pretty happy with them. The HID is a new world of light output though for sure. I am still glad I made the purchase but I want my new ballasts ASAP so we will see what happens.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The headlights look great. Be careful of the laws with having a HID kit in a non-projector. If you get pulled over make sure you can swap those HID bulbs for normal bulbs.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Those LED bulbs intrigue me. How many bulbs are in that one. I think I counted 18. Are they bright? Link to sellers page perhaps? Thanks.

The headlights look great though. I wish they made a clean set like that for the 06-07 Montes instead of the ones with the halo/projectors. I'd like something a little more simple.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:15 PM

The headlights look great, could you, would you, will you post more pictures? I've been thinking about getting a set of the black headlights (not the HIDs though) and wondered how they would look on a my silver MC. Had thought about a set for my truck to make it different from every other on the road but it's Indigo and I didn't think it would look good with the black headlights and turn signals.

TIA, once again looks pretty sharp.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:23 PM

Could somebody link me to this guys ebay store? i cant find it, lol!

Thanks

Chuck

Old 08-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

can you take another pic, but further back i want to see both headlights from several feet away?

Old 08-30-2009, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by silverbullitt
can you take another pic, but further back i want to see both headlights from several feet away?
I will take some more pix tomorrow. I will also post the links to the LED turn signal lights and the link for the headlights. The HID is WAY brighter and the LEDs are pretty bright probably not as much as the bulbs but I think you could just get a bulb with more LEDs and have it be brighter (The ones I have in there are 32 LED lights 18 on the front and then more around the sides). The LEDs are a faster response time they blink way faster than the OEM (Some people will like it some won't). I do like the black headlights but one of the ballasts is still broke and I have to pay $20 for a new one and send the old one back to get a refund. I will get on the pix ASAP.

Quick Reply: Black Headlights W/ CLEAR CORNERS