PRIVATE For Sale/Trade Classifieds This is for active members of the forum. Spammers will be deleted and banned! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Craigslist: Gen 2 convertible for sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 05:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Gen 2 convertible for sale

Found this nice low miles Gen 2 custom convertible on Craigslist.
Check it out.

77 Monte Carlo - $4995 (South tacoma)
< >

Last edited by plumbob; 04-26-2016 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:40 PM

Hi `Bob and thanks for posting a unique conversion of a 77 Monte Carlo. It seems like a decent price... Are you going to get it ?

I wish more member's would post interesting cars/topics when they find them. Maybe you will inspire them I think it would get more if it had the stock wheels, but many like custom wheels. I'd like to see it with the top up and how it looks inside ?

I do know that some had a 350ci engine + they are RWD
Thank You for sharing

Old 04-27-2016, 08:35 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Mike.
Although gen 2's are one of my favorites, I'll have to pass on this one. Just don't have the room. My first Monte was a '76 Landau. I do miss the smooth ride and plush interior of that car, but convertibles are not so good for the rainy weather of the Pacific Northwest.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:55 AM

Hi `Bob, thanks for your reply. I hope you can find the Monte of your dreams. One of the senior had one when I was growing up and the bum's used to wash it. It was a 77 all white with T-tops and a 350 CI. He kept it garaged and in like new condition. (He watched us every second we were washing it. He would take us into town and treat us with ice cream +. He was a nice man and I miss him. His spoiled kids got his Monte and I haven't seen it since.
I like the below one.

Tags:

A revised grille with the Monte Carlo "Knight's Crest" emblem moved to a stand-up hood ornament and revised taillight lenses marked the 1977 Monte Carlo, which was the last year for the 1973-vintage design before the introduction of a downsized 1978 Monte Carlo. Engine offerings were reduced to two engines for 1977. The base engine for 49 states was the 140 hp (100 kW) 305 CID 2-barrel V8 and the 170 hp (130 kW) 350 4-barrel[6] V8 was optional (standard in California). The 400-cubic-inch V8 was dropped as an engine option. The Turbo Hydra-matic transmission was included standard equipment.
- QUICK SPECS -

Interior trim received only minor revisions this year with upholstery choices including cloth, velour and vinyl in both base and Custom trims.
This model year marks the only time in history when an intermediate model was larger in every dimension than a full-sized model, as the B-body Chevrolet Caprice/Impala had already been redesigned and downsized for 1977.