PRIVATE For Sale/Trade Classifieds This is for active members of the forum. Spammers will be deleted and banned! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale: 3400 95-05 Monte Carlo LS TURBO BIG Part-out Performance Parts MISC etc.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 12:13 PM

Probably, i haven't looked into new ones. My car has been due for a brake job and i really want to paint my calipers blue, this would be pretty convenient to already have the calipers off so i can do it all before i actually do the brake job. Are the calipers pretty rusted? Can you post pics of them? or send me pics

Old 11-10-2015, 10:06 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I can upload pics soon, already has red caliper paint, so you can just paint over them

Old 11-10-2015, 03:48 PM

That would be nice, how long ago did you paint them?

Old 11-10-2015, 03:49 PM

And what kind of pads?

Old 11-10-2015, 09:50 PM

Old 11-10-2015, 09:52 PM

Stock calipers was only painted in front, never painted whole thing, doesn't look too old, I believe these were bought new several years back.

As for Pads, its the duralast ones from autozone, they normally want like 20$ for.. But if you just want to replace calipers, just replace with your pads.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:09 AM

Figured I also post a pm I sent to someone inquiring on how the performance parts worked/ caution info etc:

as far as ported lower manifolds and upper manifold and throttle body did make a difference. If I were to rate the hp gains, I would say 10-15hp for both ported lower and upper manifolds and 5-10 hp for the throttle body(I'm shock this isn't sold already since it's the easiest way to add power... next to a cold air intake, easier than exhaust work ).
You should be able to drive all 3 around without any maintenance difference vs stock.

upper manifold and throttle body is easy to install like 30-60 mins, lower manifold is harder since you gotta do valve covers and lot more coolant to deal with. but I wanted it done anyways since lower manifold gaskets are known to go bad for our cars from factory anyways.

as far as turbo setup, It was nice. when I had it on daily I would use min of 2-4 lbs just for the extra pickup max of 6-8. noticed I was making passed lights a lot easier. ZZP tune set a higher power enrichment level in the tune, so if you are under 3.5k or was it 4k rpm it will drive normal with noticeable gains still from the turbo setup. But once you hit past 3.5-4k, it's all power.

As far as maintenance it is only as good as you setup your kit when you're installing make sure you don't just wing it(make sure installer knows what he is doing, should be like any maintenance done on the car). Make sure those bolts and nuts are tight and properly sealed. Make sure your oil lines are tight and not leaking etc, make sure your intercooler setup is tight (blown off hoses from boost before because of older/bad clamps (recommending to buy a new set of clamps for intercooler if anyone buys this setup)) make sure nothing is touching the exhaust.... I wrapped the exhaust just in case. Try to use 93 gas when possible... I ran regular gas no problems many times without issues though.

Last edited by NarutoV2; 11-11-2015 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:03 PM

If it's just regular pads i won't want them. But I might just be interested in the calipers, like i said earlier it will be convenient to already have the calipers off so i can prep and paint before i do my brake job and do a simple swap.

Old 12-15-2015, 06:48 PM

Would you be able to go any lower on the TB ?
The TB would add some more pep when added to a CAI and a manifold ported to match, right ?

Old 02-28-2016, 05:35 PM

Updated post, sold ported upper and lower manifold, sold lx5 throttle body kit, and sold spoiler. Still got turbo kit

Quick Reply: For Sale: 3400 95-05 Monte Carlo LS TURBO BIG Part-out Performance Parts MISC etc.