PRIVATE For Sale/Trade Classifieds This is for active members of the forum. Spammers will be deleted and banned! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1985 Black Monte SS 5000

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 01:54 PM
Default 1985 Black Monte SS 5000

I have a 1985 Monte Carlo SS. Black outside, gray inside. I am located in Mansfield Texas. This is one of those rare times to get a deal of the century if you are not looking for an all original Monte. Long story short...I have always loved these cars and bit off more than I could chew financially. So for the story.

I paid 4500 for the car and have close to or more than 5-5500 worth of receipts for parts paid for this car. New .030 over 350 small block with eagle bottom end. Melling 480 lift 287 duration camshaft. Dart Iron Eagle heads. Block and heads decked for good seal. Heads have screw in studs, guide plates, 130lb springs and pro-comp roller rockers. Aftermarket edelbrock valve covers. Weiland street warrior high-rise intake. Edelbrock 600 cfm 4 barrel carb. Edelbrock chrome air filter housing. Have new AC compressor, dryer and lines. Installed new heater-core at the same time. New radiator. New tires. Aluminum wheels that look great on the car. Shaved door handles with new auto-loc 60lb solenoids and 2 keyfobs. Have only installed driver door so far. Bought brand new manual autometer temp and oil pressure guages as the dash guages no longer work after motor swap. I chose not to go back with the original sending units as I wanted to get a pillar pod to house some guages. Carpet and seats are gray and in great shape. Headliner definitely needs to be redone and dash has multiple cracks in it. I have been in the process of repairing the original dash cluster and bezel for radio/climate control as I ran out of money to get from dixie monte carlo. 90% of emissions wiring has been removed. Transmission is stock TH2004r and shifts well as previous owner told me it was completely rebuilt about a year ago. I flushed and put new fluid in after fighting a leak from the new detent cable I installed along with the carburetor. Transmission shifts well but I am not sure how long it will hold the power of the new motor if driven hard.

Long story short...I love this car and ran out of money to finish it the way I wanted to. Wife says it is time to go regardless of loss I taken and I agree at this point. Car looks great and is tagged and licensed until the middle of next year. I hate to let this car go but I am a one income household and let things get out of hand too quickly.

This car turns heads from the sound when rolling down the highway or street. Cosmetically it looks great with just a few imperfections. If you would like to see pictures or discuss, my email is jimmycriswell@att.net and my cell is 972.741.5964 call or text.

Last edited by Jimmy Criswell; 09-30-2013 at 02:12 PM.