Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint/Body Work/Exterior (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/)
-   -   Xenon spoiler. (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/xenon-spoiler-25491/)

Boxman420 01-18-2011 03:17 PM

Xenon spoiler.

On Christmas eve i decided to buy the Xenon spoiler from carid and i recieved it last tuesday.. and i went out to see what it would look like on the car(unpainted). it didnt seem to sit right.. like around the "hump" i'm not sure exactly how it sits on the trunk. does it sit completely flush? does the pacecar spoiler fit flush? unfortuently the instructions it came with where far from helpful on this. so any help from the MCF would be awesome!! :).

now i know there is a small small small amount of people that rock the Xenon spoiler but even if u dont own one ur help is more then i had before.

red04montels 01-18-2011 04:23 PM

it should sit flush like the pace car spoiler, do you have pics of what your talking about maybe?

Jomao_o 01-18-2011 04:44 PM

I don't think it does. I LOVE how it looks when being directly behind it...BUT I think you have to mount it a bit in front of the hump, towards the rear window.

well after posting the pics it doesn't look that bad, looks like its flush. good luck let us know the outcome.

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/pi...pictureid=7648

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/pi...pictureid=7345

Boxman420 01-18-2011 04:52 PM

trewyn. i can post pics tommarrow. sadly all i have is my cell phone camera though. i do have one of those HD flip things i just gotta find it.

Jamao. yes i actually sent that guy a PM cause his car is the reason why i bought it. but im gonna mess with it. and see what kind of angle it needs. it would have been nice if the instructions where detailed.

Jomao_o 01-18-2011 04:55 PM

I don't blame you, his car IS AWESOME.
Better pic.

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/pi...pictureid=3741

Boxman420 01-18-2011 04:58 PM

its so hard to tell but it does look a little gapped. its a small gap on my car too. but its noticeable on my car cause the spoiler unpainted is black and my car is silver.

7801MonteMan 01-18-2011 08:31 PM

I am actually kind of digging this spoiler now that I see it on an actual car.

ChibiBlackSheep 01-19-2011 11:21 AM

That's the part that I hated about the spoiler, how it didn't come down the trunk-lid and why I went with the 06-07 SS spoiler.

Jomao_o 01-19-2011 11:48 AM

If you can over come the 'gap', it will look great.
Not really noticeable unless you're actually looking for it.
Most of the public doesn't even know what a xenon spoiler is.

Blazed SS 01-19-2011 12:05 PM

Thats cool i have never seen this spoiler before today i like it .

Boxman420 01-19-2011 12:32 PM

yeah you can still see the "hump" but i just like how its a little bigger.

Jomao. i went out and messed with it today. i think i found where it goes. i got it to sit flush all the way around except for the area on the side of the hump towards the back of the car. but it sits flush on top of the hump. i think wants its bolted down and painted it should be good to go.

ill keep updating the progress. and of course post pictures when its done

7801MonteMan 01-19-2011 01:04 PM

With this spoiler you do have to redrill holes?

Boxman420 01-19-2011 01:18 PM

yes you would. i got lucky and don't have a spoiler at all so i wont need to fill holes or anything.

montecarlo01ss 01-19-2011 11:20 PM

whats the cost of these spoilers?

Boxman420 01-19-2011 11:36 PM

at carid. it is 176$ + 22$ shipping. but if ur going to buy it let me know i found a way to get free shipping. on this particular item.

Paul1965 01-21-2011 12:57 PM

Okay, I have two questions: I've been planning on ordering one of these too, how do I get free shipping? Next, I have the SS spoiler now and assumed this would bolt on right in place of it. When you said you do have to re-drill, are you referring to those that have the flat surfboard spoiler or the SS one too?

Boxman420 01-21-2011 08:35 PM

okay well how to get free shipping go to body kits under the 2000 monte carlo section and click on the Xenon body kit. then there is a pull down tab u can remove the side skirts and the front and back bumper. then Wala free shipping. because if you notice it says "ups ground free shipping" next to the price. i am not 100% sure on how the holes work. there are 2 holes on either side of it and the spoiler sits like an inch or 2 off the back of the trunk.

Paul1965 01-21-2011 08:48 PM

Sweet find, thanks for passing it on! I found ilovebodykits.com with the same price, but no free shipping.

Boxman420 01-21-2011 08:50 PM

hey no problem man. glad i could help. shipping is really expensive on them idk why. i just wish they came painted.

Paul1965 01-21-2011 11:02 PM

Ha, just found a valid coupon code that saved me another 10%!

Can you post a pic of the spoiler off the car so I can see the mounting studs? I'd like to see if they're in the same position as the High Sport spoiler before I order.

7801MonteMan 01-22-2011 01:02 PM

I think he said you have to re drill holes in order to use this spoiler. I asked him earlier in the thread. But a picture will help.

Paul1965 01-22-2011 02:14 PM

Yeah, I saw that too, but remember when the SS first came out it had the surfboard spoiler that has has completely different mounting points than the High Sport one. I'm willing to bet I wouldn't have to drill at all.

7801MonteMan 01-22-2011 02:50 PM

Yeah I understand that, but this is a aftermarket spoiler. But your right we will see :)

Boxman420 01-22-2011 03:40 PM

hey Paul whats the coupon code? as a part of the drill holes i can get a picture for you today. I am not 100% sure on needing new holes. because i don't have either spoiler. but thats just what i heard.

LuSe4 01-22-2011 04:32 PM

I haven't seen this spoiler before. It is awesome!

Boxman420 01-22-2011 08:52 PM

paul here are some pictures. now the top of the picture would represent the BACK on the spoiler so if you where to be looking at the trunk from behind the car. thats what side it is. any other questions just let me know.

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/a...s_picture7.jpg

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/a...s_picture6.jpg

7801MonteMan 01-23-2011 09:24 PM

Yeah you would ,if you had either of the spoilers that were an option, lucky for you-you don't have a spoiler. Although those holes aren't big nor does it look like there is enought room to put large bolts through.

Paul1965 01-25-2011 08:29 PM

For some reason I stopped getting email notifications about replies to this thread, even though I visited each time. At any rate, thanks a bunch for the pics. I can tell that some holes will have to be drilled and maybe some filled, as I pulled my spoiler off this spring to wax underneath it so I know what pattern they have. Maybe I'll get lucky though and the existing holes will fall underneath this spoiler and not need filling after all. As far as the coupon code goes, a bit of Googling tells me that code FORUMS will get you 10% off, so add that with the free shipping and it is a nice amount of cash to save.

Boxman420 01-25-2011 09:25 PM

anytime man. i wish i could help you out more on the hole situation but since i dont have either the ss or the surfboard i cant be completely sure! hey thanks for the heads up on that coupon code it does in fact work. now time to order some head light covers! :)

MJClemm 02-04-2011 05:34 AM

Im getting one this month...

Originally Posted by Boxman420 (Post 288786)
at carid. it is 176$ + 22$ shipping. but if ur going to buy it let me know i found a way to get free shipping. on this particular item.

Hi, Im getting this one this month so Im wondering how to get free shipping. I LOVE the way it loooks and wait till you see the "EXTRA THINGS" Im gonna do to it. How many BOLTS hold it on? NOW thats a NASCAR type Spoiler.... SO Im selling my NASCAR type Spoiler now..... thanks again...MJC....

Paul1965 02-04-2011 06:08 AM

I'll caution you about the free shipping: I ordered the spoiler and side skirts last week and am still waiting for them to get here. Yesterday CarID called me and said they couldn't ship my purchase for free because the packaging was too big, and they needed another $60. My first comment was that this sounds almost like bait and switch. I complained that it's not my issue that their website offered me the free shipping and that the reason I picked them over another supplier was because of the free shipping offer. She said she'd talk to Purchasing and would get back to me with a resolution, and I've yet to get a call back. There's really no trick to the free shipping. All you have to do is add the body kit to your order, then deduct the parts you don't want (you see an option to remove front air dam, rear air dam, etc). Do that until you're down to just the spoiler and you're all set. Unless of course they change the website by then...

Boxman420 02-05-2011 10:15 AM

well ill post a little update. i just sent the spoiler off today to a friend of my dads to get it painted he is only charging me 80$ to so thats way better then napa wanting 200$ just for the paint.

Paul. sorry to hear about ur luck man! i didnt order the side skirts so maybe that was why? but it sucks to hear about that. hopefully they will hook you up with the free shipping anyway. which doesnt make sense because they offer free shipping with the full body kit. which would probably be a ungodly sized box.

Paul1965 02-07-2011 08:49 PM

Well I'm not too worried. My order still shows valid with an ETA of tomorrow. Guess I'll know soon what they decided to do!

Paul1965 02-08-2011 06:39 PM

No parts yet, but they did confirm via a chat that they're shipping them at no cost.

Boxman420 02-08-2011 06:58 PM

hey man thats great to hear! i got mine back on sunday from my painter cost me 80$ and it looks great. but they didnt give me the mounting template so they are sending me one. hopefully i can get it mounted this weekend

Paul1965 02-08-2011 08:15 PM

Sweet! Pretty sure it goes without saying to get some pics up once it's bolted on. I will be a while as the Silver Slug is still tucked away for the winter, and I've got the front and rear bumper extensions waiting to be painted at the same time as the rest of the parts.

Paul1965 02-10-2011 07:51 PM

Well they took their sweet time, but I finally have a FedEx tracking number. They transmitted the info to FedEx on 02/08 and said I'd see 02/12. That's already changed because FedEx didn't pick it up until today and pushed the delivery date out to 02/16. Oh well, at least it's on the way!

Boxman420 02-10-2011 08:45 PM

ill definitly get pictures. looks like i have off of work on sunday so that should be the day.

hey man thats great to hear. mine too like a week and a half to ship but i did buy mine on christmas eve. but they do manufacture their parts by the order so that adds some time. but glad to hear they are on their way!

Paul1965 02-15-2011 01:16 PM

Just a quick update, got all the parts today. They are nice heavy molded pieces and will look awesome. I am SOOO happy I've got a good buddy that runs a body shop: $100 to paint and install everything! Woohoo!!!

Boxman420 02-15-2011 04:40 PM

sweet man thats a great price. i had mine painted for 100$ and that was just the spoiler. just out my post in the sights and sound section to see pictures of it mounted.