Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Wraps??

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Wraps??

Does anybody have a Wrap on their monte? or anything like that? Are they expensive? Do they last long? I have a few questions about them because i might get one. let me know!

Old 07-10-2011, 08:11 PM

ok I'm lost by wrap you mean?

Old 07-10-2011, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Monte04LS
ok I'm lost by wrap you mean?
He's talking about a 3M vinyl wrap. It just covers your car so you don't get rocks and pollen sticking to or chipping your paint.

Look at this site if you want some more details >> Home Page

Old 07-10-2011, 08:26 PM

o ok got it now lol I've hard of it but i just threw a bra on mine since the hood and front bumper were replaced and the paint was slightly off i figured I'd not only cover it but stop the rock chips, thanks for the explanation

Old 07-11-2011, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by mogwog
He's talking about a 3M vinyl wrap. It just covers your car so you don't get rocks and pollen sticking to or chipping your paint.

yeah! its kinda like that! but ive seen people get their entire car wrapped, its suppose to keep the paint safe for like 5 years or something. but i have these racing stripes and decals on the side that are completely shot and the paint under it is not looking to good. so i figured id get a complete wrap to cover up the entire carr.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by mogwog

Hi `Mike, & Thanks for the link & helping a member 4-Sure
I wonder `if we have any member's that have had their Monte Carlo Wrapped ? If anyone has & you see this post please let us know `OK.

Member's, what do you think of "Wrap'in your Monte ?
Maybe 4 Christmas ?
Personally, I'd like to see a vehicle with this done, and I wonder how it holds `up over time or in the Florida Sun ?

Post your experience/knowledge on this subject (Thanks)

Old 07-11-2011, 11:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't have a full body wrap, but I wrapped my lower ground effects and also my trunk panel. So far they have held up great, and it's been one year in Iowa. If I did my whole car I would think twice about the color. The black on my trunk panel can get really hot and almost start to become soft and stretchy just by the sun. I would be worried about it becoming deformed or shrink in the hot sun. Though that could be because of the vinyl I have. I think a whole wrap would look great and be a lot cheaper than a paint job. I say go for it!

Old 07-11-2011, 02:49 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When you get the whole car done, you can have any kind of graphic or mural or whatever put on it. I have been thinking about doing it too. Cheaper than getting all of the details painted on, I've been told.