Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

4th Gen ('81-'88): Which windows felts?

Old 03-20-2016, 06:36 PM
Question Which windows felts?

Hey all,

I need to replace the window felts on both of my doors for a Black 1986 SS, but I am having trouble figuring out what to get.

There are several listing on ebay for the felts. Some with, some without belt moldings.

Window Sweeps Felts Seals Kit Set of 4 for 81-88 Monte Carlo Grand Prix (Fits: 1986 Monte Carlo SS)

Window Sweeps Felts Kit Set of 4 Reveal Molding for Monte Carlo Grand Prix (Fits: 1986 Monte Carlo SS)

78-79 & 81-88 Monte Carlo Window Felt Fuzzies Kit Standard w/ belt molding PUI (Fits: 1986 Monte Carlo SS)

Can someone explain this to me. This kit is designed for models with the special belt reveal molding trim option which is a separate larger flat piece of chrome trim mounted right up next to the outside window felt.

Any help would be appreciated.

Darren

Old 03-20-2016, 07:35 PM

Hi `Darren,
We have a few member's that have restored classic cars, but your question is pretty technical. I hope one of them sees your post and can help.

I suggest searching for a Classic restorer and call them or email them for help...

Your profile didn't have your location, but below is a link to help you find some restorers that may help...Good Luck!

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...%20restoration

Old 03-20-2016, 11:20 PM

go to dixie resto parts and call them they'll fix you right up. don't buy that stuff from ebay you'll never be satisfied and never get your money back. the wiskers aren't made to the molding. they are atatched with screws with the belt moldings.so that's all you get

Old 03-22-2016, 10:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

OPGI will be able to assist you also

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.