Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Wanting to paint bottom trim black on silver Monte

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 10:14 AM
1 Year Member
Default Wanting to paint bottom trim black on silver Monte

Hey all, I have a silver Monte and I want to paint the bottom trim because I think it would add a sporty look. I want to paint it black, but I'm unsure of how it would look. Does any body have any pictures or opinions?
Thanks all!

Old 04-13-2013, 10:27 AM

I like your Monte the way it is It's a beautiful L.S., but it's your ride & your choice...

Hopefully one of our Photo Shop expert can do a pic with the bottom trim painted >black...

I would use the $'s it would cost to do it for gas (or something `fun) or(save it for maintenance, etc.. ?) & get out on the roads & enjoy 4-Sure
Let us know what you decide...

Old 04-13-2013, 02:15 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I wouldn't the 00-03 ish monte LS cars came with black/dark grey lower trim and in my opinion it doesn't look so hot.

The worst part about it will be your car looking like it is higher up then it really is. From far away your car will look like it has another 2-3 inches of ground clearance.
Is your side skirt grey or silver? If its not silver, paint match it and you will be way happier.

Old 04-13-2013, 04:52 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
I like your Monte the way it is It's a beautiful L.S., but it's your ride & your choice...

Hopefully one of our Photo Shop expert can do a pic with the bottom trim painted >black...

I would use the $'s it would cost to do it for gas (or something `fun) or(save it for maintenance, etc.. ?) & get out on the roads & enjoy 4-Sure
Let us know what you decide...

Thanks! I think she's beautiful too, but I feel like its missing something. If you happen to come across a pic of a silver Monte with the black trim, please let me know so i can see it. And I'll definitely let you guys know what I decide!

Old 04-13-2013, 04:53 PM
1 Year Member

And it really shouldn't need any more maintenance. I don't know what else could need to be replaced on it lol

Old 04-13-2013, 04:55 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Enzo354
I wouldn't the 00-03 ish monte LS cars came with black/dark grey lower trim and in my opinion it doesn't look so hot.

The worst part about it will be your car looking like it is higher up then it really is. From far away your car will look like it has another 2-3 inches of ground clearance.
Is your side skirt grey or silver? If its not silver, paint match it and you will be way happier.
The side skirt is the grey plastic trim. I think it would look good silver too. I'll have to look at some pics and see what i can find

Thanks for the input!

Old 04-14-2013, 03:56 PM
1 Year Member
Default Pics

So I found some pics of a silver monte with a all black trim and an all silver trim. I like both of them, but dont know what one to choose.
Thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails Wanting to paint bottom trim black on silver Monte-silver-black-trim.jpg   Wanting to paint bottom trim black on silver Monte-silver-silver-trim.jpg  
Old 04-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

i think the black looks ok, but i would stick with the silver in this case

Old 04-14-2013, 04:26 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

I like the silver more. What about a darker metallic red or blue?

Old 04-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

I like the silver more..

Quick Reply: Wanting to paint bottom trim black on silver Monte