Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

VHT Nite shade

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 03:33 AM

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn! That first pic looks like a modern day batmobile! That's what you call murdered out. The head and tails look sick, as does the rest of the car. Sounds like you've got the nightshade process down to a tee, i'm definitely gonna search for your how-to and see if I can learn some things. But what I like the most is that you put a little thought into it and didn't just cover the whole lens, you put your own little twist on it. Gotta love it!

Old 04-07-2011, 08:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here's how I VHT'd my reverse light housings.

flipscustomtails.com

Old 04-07-2011, 09:49 AM

I live in Nebraska and it's most likely illegal to do the entire tail light here so I'm really glad you posted about this haha. I'm going to tape of the section where the light comes through on mine, so technically I won't be breaking the law haha.

I also need to find your how-to write up because I want to go about doing this the correct way. I'm pretty new to modding my vehicle so even the simplest of things are a big deal to me right now haha.

Last edited by Randdady; 04-07-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I do not have a DA Orbital but I was able to get them that glossy with just a standard buffer.

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/pa...process-23148/

I think the initial sanding is not always necessary if you clean the lens well, but it's a great write up

Old 04-07-2011, 11:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

here is how mine came out

before

after I have since painted the spoiler white again but you get the idea of what VHT looks like done on my car .(I cant wait for the weather to get better so I can get my car out and get more pics)

man I am glad the blue plates are gone !!

Last edited by Blazed SS; 04-07-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:30 PM

Blazed, u did ur thing on your tails, hella smooth, hella glossy, looks pretty much perfect from what I can see. Impressive! Care to share how you got them to look so good?

Old 04-07-2011, 01:19 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

LOL I cheated!! That is Why I did not give any advice on how to do them. LOL!!
I found a shop that that did all 3 (the 2 tails and 1 third eye ) for $35 with a 1 day turnaround it cost me $15 for shipping so $50 total. So I was with out Tail lights for 3 days but worth it to me not to have all the stress doing it my self .
I had herd way to many horror story's .
This way also if they messed them up they would have to replace or repair them not me and my pocket book .

Old 04-07-2011, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
LOL I cheated!! That is Why I did not give any advice on how to do them. LOL!!
I found a shop that that did all 3 (the 2 tails and 1 third eye ) for $35 with a 1 day turnaround it cost me $15 for shipping so $50 total. So I was with out Tail lights for 3 days but worth it to me not to have all the stress doing it my self .
I had herd way to many horror story's .
This way also if they messed them up they would have to replace or repair them not me and my pocket book .
Haha, I didnt want to assume but thats what I thought as soon as I seen them. It actually looks alot like my buddies tails, but he got his sprayed with black tinted clearcoat. But either way, they came out sick! Those are easily the best nightshaded tails Ive ever seen! Cheater! lol

But yeah, the finish on yours is what I want/expect and its not exactly easy to accomplish, as you've heard, and ensure perfectly even coverage and without them being so dark. The difference between urs and trewyns is incredible, and trewyns dont look that bad.

Last edited by Milhouse; 04-07-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:54 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

Thank you man !!
If you are not Cheating your not trying !! LOL

I just know my limits and when its time for a Pro.

Chibiblacksheep has a great guy 2 but I never could get him to contact me back so I moved on and found some one else.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Milhouse
Haha, I didnt want to assume but thats what I thought as soon as I seen them. It actually looks alot like my buddies tails, but he got his sprayed with black tinted clearcoat. But either way, they came out sick! Those are easily the best nightshaded tails Ive ever seen! Cheater! lol

But yeah, the finish on yours is what I want/expect and its not exactly easy to accomplish, as you've heard, and ensure perfectly even coverage and without them being so dark. The difference between urs and trewyns is incredible, and trewyns dont look that bad.
thanks, i think? lol

I'm going to be doing my leds and they'll be done a little better, ill post those when im done too, they'll be buffed properly

Quick Reply: VHT Nite shade