Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Thinking about a rim and caliper mod for my 6th gen

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Default Thinking about a rim and caliper mod for my 6th gen

I have an all red 04 monte ss supercharged, and after countless hours of standing outside and admiring how beautiful my baby looks the mods keep flowing. I'm thinking about first im gunna paint my calipers red and rims black. i have a set of american racing rims. i also am contemplating on painting the exposed part of the brake pads along with the calipers. ive seen pics of with and without but i think a little black looks good. Lemme know what you think.

*Sorry about the pic of the rear calipers the fronts are in the signature below*

~2004 Monte Carlo SS Supercharged~

Old 02-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

welcome to the forum, very nice looking supercharged Monte.....

Old 02-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Default thank you very much for the warmwelcome chris

and for the comment on my monte, your 7th gen is quite pretty herself

~2004 Monte Carlo SS Supercharged~

Old 02-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Nice looking supercharged Monte,I painted my calipers silver.was going to paint red changed my mind.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:18 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Welcome to the site - I wouldn't paint the exposed part brake pads.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

Welcome... I'm also contemplating Red calipers...

Old 02-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like the Black wheel concept with the Red Calipers. You get some pretty good kills with the Supercharged Monte?? Your car looks nice and clean, beautiful!!

Wish i had some better pictures of my wheels but car is in shop getting Audio system installed or I would have got you a few decent direct views. Anyway these are my factory OEM rims that came with my Monte. Had them powder coated "Harley" black added a red pin stripe, clear coated and then used the Chevy OEM chrome nut covers and the Chrome wheel center cap. If you look hard at one picture with the motor you can barely make out the red caliper. I bet your OEM rims would look trick blacked out and perhaps a red accent.....

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 05-26-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Welcome!

Old 02-05-2011, 08:51 AM

ya crusader i think im gunna end up going that way i saw a pic yesterday of someone that ended up painting there whole caliper and rotars on a bonneville and then on of them exposed i think the little bit of black will look good.im also thinking of painting the lug nuts red but i dont kno if that will be to much what do you think

ZIPPY thank you very much for the mass amounts of comments the monte will be quite flattered when i tell her how many comments shes getting lol. not as many people around here are big on monte's but the othere monte owners appreciate it when they do see it.. but what kind of system are you putting in i ended up putting rockord fosgate p3 speakers in the front doors and back the fronts needed quite a bit of cutting on the metal brackets around the actual speaker to it them in there but im happy over all.

Last edited by keithcole; 02-05-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Hey Keithcole, I know what you mean when you say people around are not to big on Monte's. Seems like it's always the lone wolf mentality out here in Utah too. Most people driving out here are not into them for any real reason, perhaps got it at the right price. I put notes on the windows to call me and lets get a Monte club going and no one ever gets back with me.
Your Monte is one to be looked at for sure...Hell Supercharged is Bad ***.. and gives you the edge when needed...nice choice...got to love it baby!

I looked up the P3's, are you crazy?? or did I not look at all the P3's as it said they are 10" or 12" subwoofers... LOL..sub's in the doors and rear...WOW how sweet, she has to frikin thump and jump..So what is it? Subs in the doors or not..I'm always interested in how extreme people mod their cars. Is the install totally finished, from how I read your post it is...is the audio to die for or what?? SWEETNESS and OMG How fun for you to rolling around "Supercharged" and Popping the glass eye out of the adjacent car drivers dome..

Here is the system I'm having put in..The speakers are all by "Massive Audio" They have had it about a month now....did a back seat delete and so the single 10" sub's speaker will be exposed and slightly extend into the cabin through the new rear fire wall from a box in the trunk. Then on the same fire wall and exposed in the cabin will be the 2 Kicker Amps. Should look clean and sound respectable... The 6in door speakers mounted no problem and the 6x9's mounted up, but took 2 hours to get them big boys in place. Anyway will post photo's when done...Add some shots of your install, be sweet to see them... Take care... and take it to them...

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 05-26-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Thinking about a rim and caliper mod for my 6th gen