Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Tell it to me straight.....Rust!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Tell it to me straight.....Rust!

I've only posted a few times between here and mymonte.com and many people have offered great advice. Now I need some more. You can see the origin of my car at my blog site.

I've read a few forums about rust on these cars, and some didn't end well, so it made me pensive because I had seen rust on this car, but had not made it that far yet due to my inexperience. After reading another users story where the trailing arm (i think) rusted through to the floor board, I figured I better investigate it now (the south is very wet, and this car comes from Minnesota, so lots of salt rust).

I know it may be unrealistic to look at a few pictures and give appropriate advice, but if you could review the pictures in my drop box gallery and let me know if this is reasonably fixable or do I need a crew from 'Overhaulin' to get it back into shape. If fixable, any links to how-to's or such would be great. Having this car has really given me an opportunity to pursue something I've come to enjoy (I'm driving my wife nuts), but I don't want to invest time or money in something if its a worthless venture (especially since I just learning). I can find another Monte worth the investment.

Anyhow, thanks in advance for any input. I love this site and check it often.

Click here for my gallery

Old 04-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's not that bad , you should be able to fix ,go to a body shop jobber and talk to them about rust repair ...