Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Side Mouldings...Removal?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 05:25 AM
Default Side Mouldings...Removal?

Has anyone removed the side mouldings on your 6th gen? Was the paint underneath perfect? Blemishes? What did you use to remove them?

Old 11-10-2010, 05:44 AM

Hi Derek, below are a few links to check out until one of our Monte Member's post what they did to remove their's.
Good Luck

\
side molding removal? - GMFullsize Forums

13 posts - 8 authors - Last post: Jun 8, 2009
whats the best way to remove the side molding without damaging the ... the molding on a nbs silverado. they used a 3M eraser wheel then ...
www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3120255 - Cached - Similar
Get more discussion results

Anyone take off the side molding trim and have PICS??? - Page 2 ...

Mar 26, 2009 ... Mine after removing and moving the dmax logo down ... 2008 Silverado LMM CC SB EFILIVE sleeved jacked stacked blocked plugged and rerouted ...
www.duramaxforum.com › ... › General DiscussionExterior - Cached - Similar Removing Side Molding‎ - Feb 17, 2010
Remove side molding? - Page 2‎ - Jan 28, 2010
More results from duramaxforum.com »

Old 11-10-2010, 07:56 AM

thanks a lot...it seems as though its as easy as removing vinyls...I'm just hoping there are no blemishes underneath...i know when I removed my red pinstripes I just used hot water and it came right off but there was a single blemish...if anything I need a few blemishes fixed for show season next year anyways just as long as there isn't anything big waiting under the moldings

Old 11-10-2010, 08:05 AM

Hi `Derek, I like the protection of side molding especially `if you have to park in any parking lot 2day.
I used a hair dryer when I took off my emblems & used a
adhesive remover for the sealant. It worked out great, but
if your Monte has been in the Sun a lot, you may have fading. I just used a cleaner wax & it came out like new.

Please check back on your thread questions & see what our
expert member's post about removal. I hope that Mod `Matt
reads your thread and posts his suggestions on this.
Good Luck `Derek 4-Sure

Old 11-12-2010, 03:41 AM

thanks...yea unfortunately my parents took the garage so i park out in the driveway...the body shop around the corner from me knows me too well and would definately give me a good deal on fixing any suprises underneath...he even told me to stop by after work this morning but in 20 min i'll have been up for 56 hours with only 1 hour of sleep the other day so im going right home and taking tylenol pm to knock me out but i'll definately have him take a look before i do anything cause they've been in business for over 30 years (family run) and i swear by their work

Old 11-12-2010, 04:22 AM

...Hi Derek,
Great to read that you have a trusted bodyman in your area that will assist. Like your new `sig
Keep us updated + pic's.
Get some rest, get `up and check the MCF : ) Wish you good rest & Super Dreams : )
Peace/Out

Old 11-12-2010, 04:48 AM

Good luck with the removal..and up 56 hours with only a nap and still having to take tylenol PM..I can say I most certainly feel your pain haha

Old 11-12-2010, 05:17 AM

im going to need it since i am so energetic right now i cant even sit down lol...i love Monster lololol

if i still feel like this after i leave work in 45 min then maybe i will go to my body shop guy and see what he says...or i might even be able to call SLP themselves and see what they did as they are only 40-50 min from my house

Old 11-18-2010, 01:42 PM

Those direction you read will not work for the 6th gen Montes. They are bolted onto the car so there you have to weld and use filler on the holes left in the panels. Then repaint the door and quarter panel.

For the door I believe there is 3 bolts and on the quarter there are 2 bolts in addition to the double sided tape.

Last edited by 7801MonteMan; 11-18-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:33 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Are you serious, I always thought it was just double sided tape.

Quick Reply: Side Mouldings...Removal?