Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Reverse Lights & Engine Cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Lightbulb Reverse Lights & Engine Cover

so i want to get LED reverse lights but i just cant find a thread that i had read where someone posted a URL to a seller on ebay. i dont know which lights to buy

also im painting my engine cover and want to know what i have to do before and to paint and what kind of paint i should use

thanks

Old 02-23-2010, 12:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

921 bulb for the reverse lights, also need a torx wrench to get it out. I recommend silverstar over LED. Old threads talk about it more, just search last couple days.

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=18817

info on painting

Old 02-23-2010, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by sotmelo
so i want to get LED reverse lights but i just cant find a thread that i had read where someone posted a URL to a seller on ebay. i dont know which lights to buy

also im painting my engine cover and want to know what i have to do before and to paint and what kind of paint i should use

thanks
For future reference: http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...de/default.htm

Old 02-23-2010, 03:49 PM

i personally have led. the light output is not the greatest, but the colors look sweet when i unlock the car. i have 9 regular led bulbs, that i got for 10. there are beter SMD bulbs out there. ive heard good things about the silverstars, idk about the color though. i have not seen any pics. i think there like ten bucks too.

i member bud has an excellent thread on it. and i belive you use high temp paint. idk what kind of engine you have, but they also make decals for the 3800. so its easier. GL and post pics when your done.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow thank you for the link !!

Old 02-23-2010, 05:38 PM

the thing is that im going to smoke out my reverse lights aswell,

im painting my engine cover all black with red letters, im also going to paint my front valve cover black

Old 02-25-2010, 07:44 PM

are those halo headlights

Old 02-25-2010, 08:55 PM

Valve covers you need to use Caliper Paint (I just did mine in red and they look pretty sweet)
Engine Cover - I just did mine in Black with Rustolium Plastic paint. For the letter I use a sponge roller (Home Depot) and just barely rolled the red paint on.

Good Luck-
Once I get mine put back together I will try to post some pics.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:07 PM

i just got some silver stars today. the light outout is great but the collor is YELLOW. the bulbs are blue and the light is yellow. im kinda pissed that i spent 8 bucks on um. i mean there bright and all, even though tinted housings, but they dont match my other lights.

p.s. they dont sell silver star license plate bulbs, only complete oem or small led. i just rigged up mine today to house a T10 led bulb. idk why but mine only has one bulb. so i put a bigger bulb in there to compensate. i used a half inch piece of tube and wrapped it in electrical tape. lol it works though. im going to the junk yard to find another housing or a bigger one. then i splice it up real nicely.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by vettestngry
are those halo headlights
yeah, i like um but its a personal preference. they have projector lenses to.

Quick Reply: Reverse Lights & Engine Cover