Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Quick Opinion Needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 07:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Default Quick Opinion Needed!!!

Okay so I'm currently in the process of possibly ordering the decals i want to help make my monte into a "custom" intimidator model. Sooo I needed opinions on if this is too much decaling or what....

This Legacy and signature decal would go on either side of the car behind the passenger windows (probably thinking like 7-8in wide and 6 in tall)...

Okay so moving on...doing that Legacy decal no matter what but idk if i'm gonna do the signature or not since i may possibly have his signature on this next decal IF i decide to go with it...
next decal possibility is something that i saw online with my best friend ryan and i most def want this on my car somewhere but i'm not really sure where...was gonna put it on the plate filler but it would be too small to read so i'm thinking that i may put it in the middle of the back windshield (probably gonna do like <13in wide and 9in tall)

it wouldn't be the dark and light silver stuff they got going on here bcuz it would cost too much and what not but the silver would match the bottom of the car...should i just forget about this one completely or would it look okay on the back window or in another area of the car and should i leave the signature out of this one and keep it with the legacy decal???

okay next decal...i'm really wanting to put some sort of cool decal on my plate filler but the only one that i think would look half way decent if i put one on it is this...but without his signature or the NASCAR on the bottom of it, just the flags and number 3

and finally this one i just saw on a member's car and i thought that it might look cool on my car but with all of the other decals i'm doing i'm afraid that i may be overdoing it with this one...

instead of "chevrolet" being black it would be silver but idk this one i'm really really really up in the air about. or should i put this on the filler instead of the 3

sooo that's it. am i over doing it (which i probably am lol). which decals shouldn't i do or should i go ahead and do them all. just like any opinions, good or bad, that you have pleaseee let me know bcuz i'm really wanting to get a price check on these soon. thanks!

Old 11-03-2009, 08:18 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Its pretty much all personal opinion. But I for one am not a fan of large rear window decals.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:22 PM

Agreed ^. I'm not a fan of decals period, I prefer the clean look myself.

The Monte script and SS badges are an exception though

Old 11-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

i thing the legacy decal in the spot where the knight is on the ls(idk if it on the ss 2 or not) and do it with the sig and i think just the Rem3mber in the back window would look gppd

Old 11-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

brittany check this out!! this was from a member trying to sell his car here..

2004 Custom Intimidator SS
I have decided to part with this very special 2004 Monte Carlo custom Intimidator. This is a very unique and special car. I have added a custom MPD functional ram air hood. The plenum under the hood feeds directly into the Thrasher cai box. I have taken a couple things from the 2002 Dale Earnhardt Edition and have added it to this car such as the Intimidator embroidered floor mats and the stylized "3" to the sail panels.
I also had a local airbrush artist paint a special tribute to Dale Earnhardt on the rear deck lid just below the spoiler. The airbrush pictorial depicts the major events that took place in Dale's life. Winning the Daytona 500. Dale in the winners circle with Teresa looking on.
Dale coming down pit road with all the team members lined up congratulating him. And lastly a scene showing Dale Earnhardt Jr standing on his car after winning the Pepsi 400 at Daytona just months after Dales passing with Dale looking on.

On the spoiler itself is the Team Monte Carlo logo featuring Taz. I also had the front license filler plate airbrushed with Dale's sillouhette arms raised in victory with a red white and blue backdrop. There is much detail in the artwork that cannot be seen in the pictures. In the sun this scene absolutely jumps to life. This Monte Carlo is always a major attraction at the car shows and has won at several.
This Monte Carlo was chosen as one of 7 cars to be put on display at DEI in Mooresville North Carolina in 2006 for Dale Earnhardt Day festivities.
I trailered this car all the way from my home in Minnesota to North Carolina to display the car along with 6 others in honor of Dale Earnhardt in In April of 2006.
I have numerous pictures along with a Certificate of Appreciation given to me by Teresa for attending the special event.

This special Intimidator of course comes with the 3.8 litre supercharged V6. The car has 15,000 miles on it. It also has the Intimidator package which includes headrests embroidered with the Dale Earnhardt Legacy logo and the Dale Earnhardt signature gauge package. Never driven in winters or foul weather. The car has been meticulously cared for.
It does have a small chip in the hood that is covered when the bra is on.
It is the factory oem black paint which we all know is not perfect. But I have spent hours buffing this car and it shows very well.
It also comes with the Certificate of Authenticity from GM proving this is one of 4000 Intimidators produced in 2004. It also comes with a letter of appreciation from DEI for purchasing a Dale Earnhardt special edition Monte Carlo.
I am asking $18,000 for the car. Delivery is possible depending upon your location. If arrangements cannot be made it is the buyers responsibility to arrange for pick up.
Here are a few pics. Feel free to ask any questions. If you are serious about buying the car I can take more pics and email them to you.

The rear decklid. I apologize for the size but this will give you a better appreciation for the work that was done.

From the front. Again I apologize for the size. Not sure how I can make them smaller otherwise I would.

If you are a Dale Earnhardt fan like myself this is a unique opportunity to own a fantastic tribute car that is like no other.
Thanks for looking.
Taz3racingView Public ProfileSend a private message to Taz3racingFind all posts by Taz3racingAdd Taz3racing to Your Contacts
03-22-2009, 10:01 AM

Old 11-03-2009, 08:33 PM

i think the 'in loving memory' decal would be a bit overdoing it.

the other ones i could take or leave, no biggie either way. the bowtie/chevrolet logo is a bit redundant with the trunk mouinted bowtie (unless you removed that one)

Old 11-03-2009, 08:34 PM

okay cool cool. thanks guys! yeah i had a feeling i was going overboard and i just needed help straightening everything out and all

Old 11-03-2009, 08:37 PM

omg chris that is amazing! i really wish i had the money to do that lol. i love filler, i could probably afford that and i wish i knew where he got that scoop on the hood lol

Old 11-03-2009, 08:40 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

id just go with the Legacy logo & signature behind ur rear side glass, be hella cool to get it painted on too

Old 11-03-2009, 08:45 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I prefer the clean look too. I had the Dale Chevy dealership badge on my 03 but took it off.

Quick Reply: Quick Opinion Needed!!!