Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Projectors? I think so.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

looks good man, cant wait to see what comes of this for sure!

Old 03-08-2011, 09:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Looking forward to progress with this..

Should I be taking notes LOL

Old 03-08-2011, 10:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Keep it up can't wait to see them done.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Awesome, and just so you all know, not that at matters really, but I remember that Stratus VERY VERY well from 2gstratus.org. He had an amazing car, and those lights cost him over $1000.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:41 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks guys. Should be getting some more work done here soon so I can do some painting and such in my garage/shop. Keep the comments coming I am enjoying the motivation. Next set of photos will entail projectors that I am going to go with and the paint. Still haven't made up my mind if I am going to make a full shroud or just a partial shroud around each projector to hide all wiring and the mounting system of the projectors and such.

Rick yeah I am not a fan of those cars. But his seemed to be extremely clean and very nicely done. The headlights were amazing and the thread on the hid forums was nicely done as well.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I believe he actually got into an accident with that car and got rid of it. He has an Acura TL now.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:49 AM

@7801MonteMan. I have been palnning to do a retro fit as well. I just purched a extra set of headlights instead of using the ones that came with the car. How hard was it to open the headlight. I see you said you had to cut it open if you can post a pic of where you cut it at that would very helpful. I thought I was the only person who was trying to do a retro on this type of MC.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:12 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by shotime105
@7801MonteMan. I have been palnning to do a retro fit as well. I just purched a extra set of headlights instead of using the ones that came with the car. How hard was it to open the headlight. I see you said you had to cut it open if you can post a pic of where you cut it at that would very helpful. I thought I was the only person who was trying to do a retro on this type of MC.
do a quick search, you have to heat them up in the oven, then you may have to cut through the sealant but you should be able to just pull it apart

Old 03-26-2011, 07:57 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I cut 1/8" behind the lense. You cannot use the oven method with our GM/OEM headlights because when the headlights were made for GM the lense was plastic welded to the headlight body. This makes the headlights impossible for us to use the oven method.

The project has taken a small hold. Only because I have been finishing my front end mods. I know most will remember my custom front bumper. Well the grilles are now painted and being put on. I am looking at my new stainless catback exhaust right now that I am polishing for prep. for installation. Also looks like I might luck out on some GP GXP seats as well. So this makes it kind of hard to put money in this project which I need in order to finish it.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:35 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 7801MonteMan
I cut 1/8" behind the lense. You cannot use the oven method with our GM/OEM headlights because when the headlights were made for GM the lense was plastic welded to the headlight body. This makes the headlights impossible for us to use the oven method.

The project has taken a small hold. Only because I have been finishing my front end mods. I know most will remember my custom front bumper. Well the grilles are now painted and being put on. I am looking at my new stainless catback exhaust right now that I am polishing for prep. for installation. Also looks like I might luck out on some GP GXP seats as well. So this makes it kind of hard to put money in this project which I need in order to finish it.
i thought you could get them apart by using the oven method but there was no way to get to the orange corners because those were molded in or something?

Quick Reply: Projectors? I think so.