Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

7th Gen ('06-'07): Possible ground fx painting

Old 03-08-2012, 09:32 AM

Go for it. It's bright and will stand out and you will noticed. I like being noticed a mile away(thats why my 04 is yellow) LOL

Old 03-08-2012, 09:33 AM

i was gonna do my camaro like that a long time ago so i love it....green and black reminds me of kawasaki!!!!!! good choose ..nice car very different too

Old 03-08-2012, 12:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

LOVE IT!! I think green ground effects, ss emblem, and calipers would be just enough to not be overkill. if only you could jimmy the seats from the synergy green camaro in there, you'd be set.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:41 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

First off this got a ton more responses quicker than I imagined it would. Got quite a few yays and few nays I have chrome SS inlays currently, only because I couldn't find a "domed" vinyl that is the color I would like.

The car pictured isn't my Monte, its just one I googled because it was easier to photoshop the lime green over a light fx as opposed to my black fx. My 3rd brake light, reverse lights, chevy emblem, and tail lights are all black.

I would plan on the Calipers and inlays eventually being this color also, and I have a few plans in the works for a custom grille and cowl hood.

This is my Monte currently, and also once the summer hits I will be buying a new silverado as well, so the monte wont be a daily driver, just a when i feel like it and parked in the winter type of thing.

Attached Thumbnails Possible ground fx painting-img_20110916_175734.jpg  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by DuSSt
First off this got a ton more responses quicker than I imagined it would. Got quite a few yays and few nays I have chrome SS inlays currently, only because I couldn't find a "domed" vinyl that is the color I would like.

The car pictured isn't my Monte, its just one I googled because it was easier to photoshop the lime green over a light fx as opposed to my black fx. My 3rd brake light, reverse lights, chevy emblem, and tail lights are all black.

I would plan on the Calipers and inlays eventually being this color also, and I have a few plans in the works for a custom grille and cowl hood.

This is my Monte currently, and also once the summer hits I will be buying a new silverado as well, so the monte wont be a daily driver, just a when i feel like it and parked in the winter type of thing.
Quoting myself to bring it to the top and possibly get some more opinions :p
I am going to get my rear fenders rolled next week sometime, so will probably get a quote on getting this done, along with fixing some of the door dings, etc. that the monte has unfortunately endured over the last 4 years of garage parking with college students who aren't always the most considerate, or drunk, but who does that in college

Old 03-12-2012, 11:33 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I still think itll look good but i would suggest to get it wrapped in vinyl first in case you dont like it

Old 03-12-2012, 11:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
I still think itll look good but i would suggest to get it wrapped in vinyl first in case you dont like it
I'd definitely do this if you're even the slightest bit unsure about it... Wouldn't take much do just do the front lip yourself and get a good idea. But I would get a quote and go from there. I still say do it Whatever you decide it will look sweet. Even with just calipers and SS inlays it would still be really cool

Old 03-13-2012, 01:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Not a fan

The black and green has definitely become a lot more common and one way to bring attention to yourself that's forsure

Old 03-13-2012, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Never considered this, I could do this myself no problem if I pick up some vinyl, I do want to do the calipers and ss inlays for sure, the practicality aspect of the ground effects as well is the only hindrance, Like I said I did something similar to this on all the vehicles I raced, and it looks sweet in my opinion, but again that's racing. But I wont be driving the monte every day soon so I think it could be more than acceptable to give it a little flash, something that will stand out.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011

If it were me, i'd take them off the monte, get the white plastidip spray can, spray them white, then spray them green, drive around for a week or 2. If it still drives you crazy and looks good, peel the plastidip off and start sanding em down

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 7th Gen ('06-'07): Possible ground fx painting