Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Opinion on Pinstriping...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 07:44 AM
Default Opinion on Pinstriping...

Hey everyone, once again Im looking for some Monte owners' opinions for my car. Any help/opinion is greatly appreciated!!! I have a 2004 Monte Carlo SS, silver with black windows, black interior, soon to be black LED taillights (when they come in). I am looking at getting some pinstriping done but my biggest fear is my car looking like an old persons car lol (no offense to anyone). I have a guy thats great at what he does and I told him what im looking for and he said just leave him the car for a half day and trust him. Im basically looking for two lines, one red, one black (both to match accents on the car such as window, mirrors and interior for the black and the ss emblems for the red). He is then going to fade into a chevy symbol on the back end as the tail of the pinstipe by using th top line for the top half of the chevy bowtie an the bottom line for the bottom half of the bowtie. The only other concern is my trunk. I get lots of compliments on my shaved trunk and I dont want to take away from that, so should i leave the trunk alone or get something on that as well? He recommended doing something on the side to make the middle look more plain, bringing attention to the fact that there is no lock there. My car domain with pics (not many) is in the link below. Please, any feedback is appreciated!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332759

Old 07-03-2009, 11:38 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

its all just personal preference, but I dont like pinstriping.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

id have to second that unless its breaking up 2 tone... and if ya want some attenion on the trunk id say have hime do somthing on there too

Old 07-03-2009, 11:54 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

My trunk is shaved too. I reall dont want to put anything on it either, but mabye have so badges pinstriped on the side. And have you ever got any " why would you shave your keyhole, what if the popper stops working" questions??

Old 07-03-2009, 12:00 PM

haha yeah, but Id rather worry about that when it comes than to worry about my stuff getting stolen (again) every day ya know. Thats why I got it shaved cuz the people that broke it and stole my stereo stuff, broke in through the trunk lock. I also disconnected the popper button inside the trunk. I rely soley on my key fab lol

Old 07-03-2009, 12:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

I Know some great Pinstripers here, Your Pinstriper is correct let him do his thing and you will be suprised, all you have to do is tell him the colors and your ideas and he will take it and run with it, they really know thier stuff "In Trust Your Pinstriper" He will take care of you. Pinstriping can look nice and really accent your car nicely.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

How about towards the end of the car do something either tribal or Von Dutch using the two colors.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:55 PM

Great ideas!! I will post some pics when It gets done, a week from this coming monday, hopefully It will look decent!!!

Old 07-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

i think it sounds pretty cool. i like pinstriping when it is done right and compliments the car. can't wait to see how he does the bowtie!

Old 07-04-2009, 04:27 AM

could do the bottom all around right above the ground effects, have a bow tie center in the frt and rear. since the car is silver and with the colors your using i think would stand out.

Quick Reply: Opinion on Pinstriping...