Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint/Body Work/Exterior (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/)
-   -   New Hood! (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/new-hood-17158/)

thumpingetocar06 11-20-2009 03:56 PM

Primared for $350 and $150 for shipping, so 500 total plus paint.
Streetbeatcustoms.com

jarheadbobandmax 11-20-2009 05:00 PM

:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by thumpingetocar06 (Post 177971)
Primared for $350 and $150 for shipping, so 500 total plus paint.
Streetbeatcustoms.com

This is a B day gift? Will you're parents adopt me? Christmas is comming up and the Jarhead has a long list! LOL :rolleyes:

Jomao_o 11-20-2009 05:27 PM

Hahaha, you can live in the dog house...atleast :P

thumpingetocar06 11-20-2009 09:19 PM

lol yes it was a b day present and part of my x mas present so it kinda makes sense :)

jarheadbobandmax 11-20-2009 09:53 PM

alright lil bro!

Jomao_o 11-20-2009 10:02 PM

RickAKATed,

You Monte would look awesome with a mr. Burns decal!
The simpsons paint scheme in the black backdrop of you Monte...*dreams* aww what a beauty, some day i just might put a Homer decal on mine!
It could go in the rear end, just a thought.

Photoshop that picture you posted on your rear end and we'll see how it looks? huh? huh? lol

thumpingetocar06 11-23-2009 04:29 PM

Ok so I got the new hood today nad you guys were right.... its NOT a ram air hood but I am going to make it into one, which can easily be done! :)

nemesis 11-23-2009 06:14 PM

let see some pic

2003supersport 11-23-2009 06:44 PM

check fitment of it. hopefully it fits better right off the bat then mine did from pfyc. fiberglass molds can be such a pain to get fitted right. always bowes. took mine about $400 to get prepped for a decent fit, still slightly bowed on the front corners. would've cost about $700-$800 for a great fit. definately wanna see pics of it on, i was interested in that hood but after reading reviews, i decided on the pfyc hood. wasnt into the extra side vents. its a unique hood though, grats with the purchase!

jarheadbobandmax 11-23-2009 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by thumpingetocar06 (Post 178757)
Ok so I got the new hood today nad you guys were right.... its NOT a ram air hood but I am going to make it into one, which can easily be done! :)

Thumper check with the shop where it was purchased to see if they have the kit that makes it functional. I was checking out Andy's customs for bod mods and he sells your hood and makes referance to the kit. I agree tho you should be able to cut yours and form a tunnel below directing it to the intake box...sheetmetal,fiberglass or alluminumand some bad axx apoxy!!!!!!!!!!!sniffy. I was looking at that very hood along with others but I may run down to the pick-n-pull and grab a stock hood grab a couple side scoops take it down to the High school and let the auto/fab shop design one . My next door neighbor was a H.S.classmate of mine and now teaches auto shop at the H.S. so a freebe and the kids earn credit....:p