Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.
View Poll Results: What do you think about the eyelids?
Keep them
54.55%
Take 'em off
22.73%
I will post my opinion...
22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Need a quick opinion...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 04:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Default Need a quick opinion...

Mkk guys soo this was the other lil "mod" I was talking about in one of my other threads that I was planning on getting together...eyelids. I saw that punk life on here had made some for his car & I really liked it so I thought why not make them for mine. Well when I decided to do the lugnuts I thought hey, why not try to do the eyelids now instead of waiting til later so I went to Hobby Lobby & got some bigger sheets of black vinyl & since I'm sick of doing nothing all day, since I'm not suppose to drive or really do anything on these meds, I decided that I'd try to make them while I was watching Invictus about 10 min ago lol so I put them on in the garage really quickly, since I'm not suppose to be out in the heat either & eyed them up...they look good in the garage. Sooo I backed-up into the drive way & looked at them...I still like the idea but I'm thinking that maybe the vinyl isn't a deep enough black to look good on the car =( but maybe it's just the angle of it in my driveway since the front of the car is higher then what it usually is & all orrr it could be the drugs making me think it looks bad lol who knows

Soo here is what I need to know, my rents are gonna let me go to a hugee car meet tomorrow since it's at night & it won't be as hot & all, so I need to know if I should keep them on the car orrrr take them off for now & look for a darker black vinyl to use as the eyelids orrr should I just take them off in general for now orrr should I make them bigger/lower. I need opinions, suggestions, comments, etc ASAP

Here are some pics that I snapped really quick...

Old 08-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I think it looks good. I tried this and the vinyl didn't lay down good, too many bubbles.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:20 PM

Mk cool, yeah mine have a couple bubbles in them but I'm gonna try to fix it later when the storm passes & it ain't so hot out. I was racing a storm so I had to do it kinda quick lol

Old 08-20-2010, 04:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

6 of one half dozen of the other for me. They don't really make that much of a difference if you ask me. On/off I'm willing to bet 95% of people that don't own a Monte wouldn't know the difference.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:44 PM

...Hi `Brittany, I like them, but can you get them to `wink LOL that would be a cool `mod LOL

*I've heard a small needle & a hair dryer can removed the bubbles in vinyl....

I would test on pieces of vinyl first...
Thanks 4 asking/posting...Let us know what U `do ~> OK

Wish U & Reader's a `Happy ~> `Now : )

Old 08-20-2010, 04:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

I think they look good but they arent dark enough to match the car.

Last edited by mrl390; 08-20-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:26 PM

lol that would freak me out if I saw a car wink so idk about that. && I know it's not a huge difference but I'm just looking for cheap lil mods to do until I got the money to do more expensive ones. Yeah I figured they weren't dark enough but idk where to find darker vinyl =( I guess I'll have to PM punk life to see if he has darker stuff

Old 08-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

I like the lids..is thata gloss black vinyl?
Next time you have a bright shinny HOT day face the car to the sun and take a fine tip sewing needle and ***** the lower outer edge of each bubble...the heat will draw out the air and shrink the vinyl to the surface.....

Old 08-20-2010, 07:22 PM

I think it looks pretty good.
Nice little unnoticeable difference. I in the other hand, need to find smoked headlights cover for cheap.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- October 2010

They look like mine :-) I like the style but you need a gloss black instead of what looks to be a flat black!

Quick Reply: Need a quick opinion...