Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Need Help with my '02 Earnhardt Intimidator

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 05:26 PM
Default Need Help with my '02 Earnhardt Intimidator

Last winter I stupidly backed my '02 Intimidator into a post and damaged my rear bumper cover. I had the cover repaired and repainted (they did a beautiful job) and it looks awesome. The problem is they removed the orange tape stripe along the bottom and now I need to replace it. It looks like 5/8" and more of an orange color instead of red. Does anyone know where to get the correct tape? I've found nothing on eBay or anywhere else online. I'm getting frustrated and any help would be appreciated!

Old 05-17-2015, 08:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by decodude
Last winter I stupidly backed my '02 Intimidator into a post and damaged my rear bumper cover. I had the cover repaired and repainted (they did a beautiful job) and it looks awesome. The problem is they removed the orange tape stripe along the bottom and now I need to replace it. It looks like 5/8" and more of an orange color instead of red. Does anyone know where to get the correct tape? I've found nothing on eBay or anywhere else online. I'm getting frustrated and any help would be appreciated!
red pinstripe tape | eBay

Check this link to some pin stripe on Ebay. You can check with the GM dealer and see if they can still get it. Chances R it is no longer available so you may need to find the proper width and explore some red stripes.
YOu might also check with some custom shops that do stuff like window tinting and pinstripes,

Old 05-17-2015, 09:20 PM

Thanks for the tip!!!

Old 05-18-2015, 12:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Agree with DriverNumber3, I would find a local mom and pop vinyl shop and try to match the color. You can always use a straight edge and an exacto knife to cut it to width. They have 5 year UV resistant vinyl or a "premium outdoor" vinyl which would be the ones to look for.

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 05-18-2015 at 12:15 AM.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:17 PM
Default Yeah I need some extra red/orange tape as well.

Mine has come loose in certain areas. Please let me know if you had any luck with finding some for yourself. Also I have some chips in the silver paint. Does anyone know what that exact color is. I have looked around and haven't seen silver that is identical. It is more gray than silver really but still haven't found a match.