Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Lights in the Sky, NOT!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 07:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Lights in the Sky, NOT!!!!!

Hi guys, Remember when I said I Love my Monte even when she frustrates me! Well I do and I am.
My right headlight went out. Well the both have been in for over a year So I figure the light is bad. So I got a new bulb. I prefer Pilot Blue/White bulbs for a more natural white light.
When I go to replace it, the old bulb didn't want to come out of the plug. I use a flathead to get the bulb out and find that the plug is melted. If you know anything about the 6th Gen headlights, the pug is part of the innards of the headlight housing. So I said "Aw Sh--", cleaned off the connector as best as I could and bomb, they work.
I plan to get the Euro Black replacement housing's in late spring. But I am now thinking the current ones may not last.
Frustrating indeed!

Old 12-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

So much for the UFO story JC. Thought perhaps Space was searching for your Monte and you.. Tough break on your headlamp housing issues. Least you managed to McGuiver it back together for now. Thats the analytical mechanic in you showing itself again.

Name:  UFO.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  1.7 KB

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 12-28-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Wow JC totally not what I was expecting from the title...lol

Sorry your having trouble...Hope you can get it squared away and it lasts til spring for you.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member

Yeah Greg, it's a good thing i had a Paperclip and a used piece of Bubble Gum with me. Now if I could only get to the Rich Mechanic that is hidden WAY TOO DEEP in my pockets for me to reach, I could get all my issues resolved! But the gods of Mega Millions and Power Ball refuses to smile upon me because I refused to sacrifice my neighbor's goat to them!!!!!

Old 12-28-2013, 11:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

LOL good 1 Jc hehehehehhe

Old 12-28-2013, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks Dave, I was hoping that would make someone OTHER than ME laugh!!!

Old 12-28-2013, 11:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JC Colon`
Yeah Greg, it's a good thing i had a Paperclip and a used piece of Bubble Gum with me. Now if I could only get to the Rich Mechanic that is hidden WAY TOO DEEP in my pockets for me to reach, I could get all my issues resolved! But the gods of Mega Millions and Power Ball refuses to smile upon me because I refused to sacrifice my neighbor's goat to them!!!!!
Haha.

Old 12-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JC Colon`
I think you may be able to use a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken as a substitute, saw that in an old Charlie Sheen movie (major league I believe)

Old 12-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well I see your the sensible mechanic JC, a mans gots to know his limitations, especially financial. Nothing like having a car run your life, believe me I know.

Funny retort JC, Your neighbor has a goat? Cool, it's safer where your located, unlike Michigan where men are men and goats are nervous.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Well I see your the sensible mechanic JC, a mans gots to know his limitations, especially financial. Nothing like having a car run your life, believe me I know.

Funny retort JC, Your neighbor has a goat? Cool, it's safer where your located, unlike Michigan where men are men and goats are nervous.
Hahhhahahahaha! We say "men are men and goats are scured (funny pronunciation of scared" but close enough. I literally loughed out loud for a good five minutes.

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): Lights in the Sky, NOT!!!!!