Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

license plate relocate

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 06:53 PM
1 Year Member
Default license plate relocate

Hey guys! So i searched the forum/google and i couldn't find any threads/info on this particular subject. I recently obtained an aluminum black and white SS license plate and since i reside in New jersey we are required to have our front license plate showing on our front bumper at all times (i can detach nj plate and place in front windshield but why beg to be pulled over?) , i was wondering if anyone has done a DIY relocate on their 6th gen (any gen info will be more than helpful) at all and if so where/how did you get/make your frame and where did you relocate it to? I plan on doing it no matter what but was curious if anyone had any luck doing this before or if anyone had any suggestions/tips on doing so.

Just by glancing and knowing what's behind the 6th gen front bumper cover, there is a lot of space to cover in order to mount it to the front bumper reinforcement bar. I know they make ones car specific for JDM vehicles (subaru,vw,etc.) but no luck coming up with one for our gm vehicles.

Any info, tips are greatly appreciated!

Thanks Guys!

Old 06-28-2014, 07:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

get a hide a plate
- Hide The Plate.com
there are manual and power versions

Old 06-28-2014, 07:31 PM
1 Year Member

$60 is a little pricy considering i got the ss plate for free. plus the website doesn't give dimensions of it (unless i didn't look hard enough)

Old 06-28-2014, 07:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was going to suggest the hide away thing, otherwise my only other idea is zip tie it to the bumper lol. But that probably wont look too good.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:42 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
I was going to suggest the hide away thing, otherwise my only other idea is zip tie it to the bumper lol. But that probably wont look too good.
haha kean yeah i dont want to back yard rig it on there

dam nj state laws

Old 06-28-2014, 07:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

[QUOTE

dam nj state laws [/QUOTE]

What's wrong with the stock location ?

Old 06-28-2014, 08:03 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by zjerry
[QUOTE

dam nj state laws

What's wrong with the stock location ?[/QUOTE]

in nj you have to have your license plate on display at all times on your front bumper which leaves me with no place to mount the new SS plate. Currently its bolted right under my nj plate but i would like to be able to display both of them without stacking them on top of each other to give it a more cleaner look

Old 06-28-2014, 08:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Would cops really bother you that much if you had it in the window? I know what you're supposed to do, but atleast in ny i know of people that run no plate, or their plate in their window.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

Would cops really bother you that much if you had it in the window? I know what you're supposed to do, but atleast in ny i know of people that run no plate, or their plate in their window.
Just gives police a reason to pull someone over and then start the stupid human tricks or other fixit ticket items. I know we all take pride in our rides and would never intentionally fail to repair anything Big Brother deems unsafe.

Sometimes I just think I am getting profiled as someone that has enough $$ to pay the fine.

from another front plate hater...

Old 06-28-2014, 08:57 PM
1 Year Member

well my gf has her front plate displayed through her windshield and she has gotten stopped twice for it within the last year. but then again my good friend has had is displayed in windshield for the past year and hasnt gotten stopped yet for it. i just dont want to get pulled over for something stupid like that an then have him give me more tickets for tint. etc...

Quick Reply: license plate relocate