Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

let's cover this

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 12:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default let's cover this

hey all just wondering if you use a car cover on your Monte if you don't drive it in the winter and if you what car cover do you use ?? i need to find a good cover for mine i will be parking mine in the garage this winter and i have cats so I want to keep them off the paint ...
thank you for the help
Keith

Old 08-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i just grabbed a cheapo one at farm and fleet since im going to college.. i figure its just covering it from my family and dust/dirt.. i got one a little bigger too so it wouldnt be able to scratch the pain as easily

Old 08-19-2010, 01:55 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Go to AutoAnything.com. That's where I bought my car cover. I would suggest the Noah all weather cover for storage over the winter - and don't forget to order a cable lock with it. I chose the Evolution 4 because it's almost as good as Noah but had better dent protection and it was a little cheaper (I'm more concerned about hail when the 05 lives outside during the warmer months). I drive my 05 in the winter so it gets the garage space and the 03 gets stored in my dad's garage.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:07 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

great thank you I know it is a little early for this but out here we only have 2 seasons winter and road construction LOL

Old 08-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

I may store my car for the winter, only issue I have is it will be stored outside in the elements with no shelter. What would be the best way for me to store my car? What kind of cover should I look into buying for it, anyone else cover their car and store it outside, please let me know the best way to do this, thanks

Old 08-19-2010, 03:10 PM

but but but i drive mine everyday so i don't have to drive my dodge

Old 08-19-2010, 03:38 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Monte Carlo 3831
I may store my car for the winter, only issue I have is it will be stored outside in the elements with no shelter. What would be the best way for me to store my car? What kind of cover should I look into buying for it, anyone else cover their car and store it outside, please let me know the best way to do this, thanks
I went to the web sight that Amy recommended and for like $375 you can get a locking cover for your car that will protect it .The only other thing I would worry about is a fuel stabilizer (stable is what I use ) and ether move the car every once and a while so your tire's stay good and don't freeze or flat spot OR 8" x 8"x 1/2" wooden squares work good like plywood to isolate the tire form the concrete so they don't freeze to the ground

Old 08-19-2010, 03:47 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SAMSET99
but but but i drive mine everyday so i don't have to drive my dodge
I hear that man. I am getting a ford f 250 3/4ton for all the snow and ice we get up here so i am going to park my Monte for the winter

Old 08-19-2010, 06:31 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
great thank you I know it is a little early for this but out here we only have 2 seasons winter and road construction LOL
That sounds familiar. Winter and road construction too.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:31 PM
rj
15 Year Member

The '81 & '86 Montes are just covered with blankets purchased at garage sales. I always ment to buy a specific cover for the '86 but never have.

The '03 Pace car has a kind of generic cover on it. I had a feeling if my girlfriend Debbie ever got irritated with the cover, it would end up on the garage floor. Not to sound cheap but I didn't want an expensive car cover laying on the garage floor cause someone got mad at it.

The '06 Monte does have a specific cover on it. It came from Wolf who manufactures car covers and other accessories. Summit Racing got me a real good deal on the cover, even cheaper then through Wolf themselves. (I believe the parent company is Global Accessories)

So far I like the Wolf cover. Just wish I would have sprung the extra $20 and got their BEST cover for the '06.

Quick Reply: let's cover this