Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

The Kit has arrived

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
Default The Kit has arrived

So after many weeks of waiting the kit is here.

But it took asking BodyKits.org where is my kit, and them telling me its will be here that day and it not comming. I talked to a friend and he said to call em asking for a tracking number. So Thursday i called them asking for the shipping number and they gave it to me along with the shipping company's number. So i called the shipping company (which is an 1hr and 30 minutes away from me) and i found out that my kit is on hold. They said i could come and get it, but i didnt have a truck or anything to transport it. So i asked if they could they could deliver it to my door. They told me that i would have to call the compay and have them relese the order. So i called em and they say they would take car of it. Then i called the shipping company Friday and asked em if my package was commin today. The lady put me on hold for a few minutes, and then came back on and said you kit will be there after lunch. So 3pm rolled around and i see the truck outside

God i was so happy that i got it. And now im saddend cuz i gotta drill all the wholes. So i might have a professional do it cuz i dont wanna mess up a 950 dollar kit, and there is other work that need to be done by a professional. Mainly because i dont have the tools. Ill post some pics later, but currently my front bumper and a stock side skirt is off.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:52 AM

...Hi `Jonny, Glad U finally got your kit, but it's sad that you had to go through the hassle to get it delivered 4-Sure. : (
I don't know how some companies stay in business.
Was everything in good condition ?
We will look 4ward to your pic's & we hope the install isn't 2 difficult...Good Luck...

Old 04-10-2010, 11:02 AM
5 Year Member

Thx space every thing looks good.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

cool cool! cant wait to see it on the monte =)

Old 04-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Honestly, it's not that hard to put on the front or the rear. The front is especially easy. Can't comment on the sides though, I went a different route with those.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

jonny, wheres these pics?! ha

Old 04-10-2010, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member

havent took em yet. Infact there still wraped in plastic lol.

Guys im seriouly thinking about shave door handle and locks with the emergency release

Last edited by gothkid; 04-10-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:18 PM

But it took asking BodyKits.org where is my kit, and them telling me its will be here that day and it not comming. I talked to a friend and he said to call em asking for a tracking number. So Thursday i called them asking for the shipping number and they gave it to me along with the shipping company's number. So i called the shipping company (which is an 1hr and 30 minutes away from me) and i found out that my kit is on hold. They said i could come and get it, but i didnt have a truck or anything to transport it. So i asked if they could they could deliver it to my door. They told me that i would have to call the compay and have them relese the order. So i called em and they say they would take car of it. Then i called the shipping company Friday and asked em if my package was commin today. The lady put me on hold for a few minutes, and then came back on and said you kit will be there after lunch. So 3pm rolled around and i see the truck outside
That's retarded- the order was on hold, but you could still go pick it up? I would've borrowed a truck, picked it up and asked for a partial refund on shipping since they couldn't manage to get it all the way there...

And now im saddend cuz i gotta drill all the wholes. So i might have a professional do it cuz i dont wanna mess up a 950 dollar kit, and there is other work that need to be done by a professional.
Its not that bad- 6 holes in the front bumper, 8 in the rear (2 in each fender, plus the 2 in the grille opening- the the 4 Christmas tree holes in the trunk opening between the taillights)

Worst part is if they're warped or over/undersize due to shrinkage. Fiberglass parts- especially ones that have been sitting around in a warehouse for awhile have a tendency to not fit right.

What I did was reuse the metal strips on each fender- they are like support strips, but if you lay them on top of the bumper- it makes it super easy to mark where to drill the holes- the only thing you have to really worry about up front is making sure you do them correct side to side so they're flush with the fenders.

With the rear, you have to watch front to back too because of that lip by the taillight. Side skirts are a mess.

Its hard to goof up fiberglass though, if anything gets drilled wrong or gets cracked- you can always just repair it. I just think a shop is gonna rape you to do the custom fitting and install.

For the front and rear there aren't really any special tools you need- a drill and some drill bits, and common hand tools like sockets and dikes are all you really need.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member

thank you

Old 04-11-2010, 11:21 AM

`Chad, thanks again for sharing your experience/knowledge.
I always learn something from your posts...It's appreciated 4-Sure....

Hey `Jonny, How about lambo doors ?
Hope your kit is in great shape, & please keep us updated.
Good Luck on all your Mod's : )

Quick Reply: The Kit has arrived