Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Just installed Back housed with Switchbacks!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 10:57 PM

I traded my stock headlights with a friend of mine for the black housed so I didnt pay anything. You can find them anywhere really. Ebay would be the easiest to find. "black housed headlights!"

For the switchbacks I did use the resistor. they would go hyper flash if I didnt. EASY installation. Highly Recommend them! Just let me know if your having any problem or questions with finding the headlights or blackhoused headlights. I could find some pretty easily

Old 05-04-2013, 10:58 PM

I bought my switchbacks off of ebay with the resistors for about 50$

Old 05-04-2013, 11:00 PM

ALSO Thank you all for the compliments! I have plenty more to do to the monte by the end of the summer!

Old 05-05-2013, 12:24 AM

I like the tinted corners, an the coordination is on point!

Old 05-05-2013, 03:12 PM

Those switch backs are pretty cool. Are they just a direct plug in? Do you take out the existing blinker and just pop these in? How is the install? Do the resistors come with and where do you put those? Sorry for the noob questions.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by 03redSS
Those switch backs are pretty cool. Are they just a direct plug in? Do you take out the existing blinker and just pop these in? How is the install? Do the resistors come with and where do you put those? Sorry for the noob questions.
No problem, thats what the forum is for!! Yes they are just a direct plug in. The resistor can come as a package it just depends on the package if you want to buy it with them or not. They were very easy to do. Just put one end of wire on the resistor to white and the other to Black. That's what my colors were but on some grand prix;s and such they may be different.

Dont be afraid to ask questions. The forum is made for that exact reason!

Old 05-06-2013, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by 641montecarloSS
No problem, thats what the forum is for!! Yes they are just a direct plug in. The resistor can come as a package it just depends on the package if you want to buy it with them or not. They were very easy to do. Just put one end of wire on the resistor to white and the other to Black. That's what my colors were but on some grand prix;s and such they may be different.

Dont be afraid to ask questions. The forum is made for that exact reason!
what would be the different if i choose to do the resistors vs not? Can you give me a link on ebay to were i might find these? Thanks for being so nice about it. some people on here give vague answers and dont reply twice.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:59 PM

Here is a link of one I just found quickly. Easy to do and everything you need is there. Hope this helped.

3157 Switchback Dual Color 60 SMD LED Turn Signal Light Bulbs with Load Resistor | eBay

Old 05-17-2013, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by 641montecarloSS
Here is a link of one I just found quickly. Easy to do and everything you need is there. Hope this helped.

3157 Switchback Dual Color 60 SMD LED Turn Signal Light Bulbs with Load Resistor | eBay
Just out of curriousty before I buy these. That set works for both the left and right and comes with both? install is easy just using the splitter and some pliers right?

Old 05-20-2013, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by 03redSS
Just out of curriousty before I buy these. That set works for both the left and right and comes with both? install is easy just using the splitter and some pliers right?
If it says it in the listing on ebay then yes and yes. very easy

Quick Reply: Just installed Back housed with Switchbacks!