Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

HID lights Vibrating!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Unhappy HID lights Vibrating!?!?

Whats up guys. Ok, I just installed my HIDs to my projectors halo assembly everything is tight fitting,sealed and the bulb is in place and tight. But, my bulbs seem to vibrate/shake!!!

They do this whith the car off & in park and also while the car is on and moving. I also noticed when going over bumps it shakes also. Does anyone know what this could be?? Please help thanks in advance.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

While those Halo projector headlights look nice, they're very poorly constructed. If you just bought them I'd see about exchanging them.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:02 AM

Well its not the halo projector lights. I had the halo projectors for a year now and they are working fine.

The problem I was having was the replacement of the bulbs to upgrade to HID.

I found out that the HID provider I purchased the kit from (xentec) is not a quality brand. I purchased from another company and would see if the flickering goes away. Thanks!

Old 03-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Well when you said shaking/vibrating I didn't take that to mean flickering. My bad. I figured the "loose-ness" of the bulb was due to the probability of those halo headlights being poorly made.

Good luck!

Old 03-29-2011, 04:16 PM

Yea, I sent the HID kit back and they gave me a full refund. I went and ordered another kit...40 bucks ebay which sais their kits dont "flicker". They were right...they dont flicker but they arent as bright. Im done with these cheap kits!

I just purchased a kit off amazon 100 bucks. So hopefully these will be good quality!

Thanks!

Old 03-29-2011, 05:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

xentec was my first hid kit and i had no problems, should have just went with ddm tuning and you would have been fine

let us know how the new kit goes.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

HIDs will often flicker going over bumps, most of the time its so little you can barely see it. If you pay attention well enough you can even see cars equipped with stock HIDs flicker as well. Most of this can be corrected by wiring in a relay directly from the battery especially on older model cars where there may not be enough power to power them properly.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:58 PM

Sorry for the late reply but after different trials with different HID kits..... I found out that my DTRL was the problem that caused the flicker. I had to remove the fuse that was under the hood for DTRL.

I went ahead and purchased the DDM tuning HID kit which is pretty good.

BUT....the shaking is stilllll there (only when going over bumps or rough terrain). I have came to the conclusion that my projector headlight housing is loose. So I made sure everything was tight and still shakes!!! So i believe the projector bulbls are loose inside of the housing.

My conclusion: The only fix would be to purchase another projector headlight housing.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:57 PM

i made the mistake and went with a xentec kit . right after the install the trouble began . . i ripped it out then tried to contact seller for a refund .. he forgot i "exist "
i looked into better quality kits out there and found one . Li tech. is the brand and the
local store i got it from stands behind it with a lifetme warranty.im done with buying
car stuff off ebay . lesson learned .. dont buy cheap ****.

Last edited by vincent e; 03-21-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:36 PM

I bought a Xentec kit for my Magnum and they work great. I got it off eBay from a great seller. I had a ballast go bad and he sent me a new one. It is hit or miss. You just need to do your research on who you are buying from. Mine flickered for like half a day and now they are perfect.

Quick Reply: HID lights Vibrating!?!?