Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Help with tinting

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 03:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
Geez... I'm glad I live where I live. I couldn't stand not having my windows tinted. How else could a guy pick his nose without be mocked by other drivers.... LMAO!
Drive fast.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:09 PM

update: i just read that in MN at least, there is a sticker to identify legal tinting is required between the film & glass on the driver’s side window. i would assume the tinting shops do that as a part of the install...

got it from this website: http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/MN/

Old 08-18-2009, 06:40 PM

most places really only care about seeing through the side windows for safety of the officers approching a vehicle pulled over .

the back 3 windows (rear and 1/4 panel glass) can be done 5% without having any problems with the law. ( like in my car below)

if you do plan on tinting the side glass, i would reccommend nothing darker than 50-60 %

Old 08-18-2009, 06:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have 35% all around my Monte....I have never had any problems, and having my front side window tinted like that is illegal in CA. I actually think anything more than the factory 95% tint is illegal on the front side windows in CA. The back 3 you can tint anything you want.

I paid $200 for all 5 windows with a life time warrenty

Old 08-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

state window tint laws!!!!

http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/

sorry, looks like it was recently posted????

Old 08-18-2009, 09:10 PM

I have 18% all around on my car (see sig.) and I love it. The legal limit to me is not dark at all. When I first got my car the windows weren't tinted and I'd burn my *** on the leather. Now it stays a lot cooler inside. I have been pulled over and given a ticket, but that was mainly because I have no front plate. Let me off with just a tint fine (guess it's more?). I asked what his meter read and he said 14% lol.

I'm thinking about getting brighter back-up lights cus my roads have no street light and it's hard to see. But I also want to tint the back-up lights some so..........

Old 08-18-2009, 11:40 PM

get tint, you will never get a car without tint again! i have 20% and could remember what it was like without it. my legal law is 50% but i have something special that gets me out of tickets so far(knock on wood) but if you smoke or drink, it gets a little nerve racking having a cop tail you until they pull off!

Old 08-19-2009, 12:48 AM

I live in MN and its 50% here on all windows unless you own a SUV, Truck or Van than for some reason you can do anything you want. I have 30% all around and couldn't be happier. I paid about $200 with a lifetime warranty. All depends on where you go and what type of film you use. The more expensive film is ceramic and is for cars with GPS and other electronics that might get disrupted by regular tint. I have the regular and it works fine.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Pure2sin
The more expensive film is ceramic and is for cars with GPS and other electronics that might get disrupted by regular tint.

Sort of answered my question. With the radio antenna being in the rear defrost do you have to watch what type of tint is put on the back window. I know the owners manual says not to put tint containing metal on the rear but has anyomne done it? Does it have an effect? Been awhile since I had to have windows tinted (1995) so I'm not up on the new types of tint... ceramic??? Really? Figure even base line tint will help but know that the "metalized" tint helps reflecrt heat and UV rays. TIA

Old 08-19-2009, 08:58 AM

Honestly, I like the look of 40%-50% tint, unless you have a white car, or you want to completely black out your black car.

Quick Reply: Help with tinting