Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint/Body Work/Exterior (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/)
-   -   hail damage!! I need some help from everyone on this forum (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/hail-damage-i-need-some-help-everyone-forum-24049/)

oriyen 10-24-2010 01:06 AM

hail damage!! I need some help from everyone on this forum

newbie here, in need of some advice. I got caught in an oklahoma hail storm & my 95 monte 3.4L V6 is beat up.

It was my moms car & it only has 56,000 original owner miles on it , they want too much to fix it, insurance will not cover all cost.

I am thinking about buying new head lights, hood, ,driver & pasenger fenders & trunk , & either installing them myself or just let a body shop install them after I buy them & have it repainted along with a little dent repiar on the top, rear quarters & doors.

how hard will this be because it seems to me it will be cheaper to replace the body parts VS paintless dent repair which was well over $5000.00

I have never done any body work but i know how to use tools. please respond with your input no matter what it is.

(opinion, advice, best place to order parts , pictures, old posts, what ever, please help)

mrl390 10-24-2010 07:36 AM

I would try and find a pick and pull and find the parts yourself. If you could find parts the same color as the car, I would go ahead and bolt them on and then have a body shop paint them when the rest of the repairs are done. If you find parts of a different color, you will need to have them cut in the color of the car before you install them. I would look around, these cars are everywhere and alot of junked/wrecked ones are in the yards.

lougreen03 10-25-2010 02:12 AM

I would look around and price all the parts first. New and used both because sometimes you can get new for what someone wants used. Also don't worry about what the car is worth to the insurance or KBB or NADA only what it's worth to you. If you want to spend 1000 dollars to fix it go ahead. If you plan on driving it for a few more years fix it you'll get your monies worth.

TheMonteMan 10-25-2010 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by mrl390 (Post 270634)
I would try and find a pick and pull and find the parts yourself. If you could find parts the same color as the car, I would go ahead and bolt them on and then have a body shop paint them when the rest of the repairs are done. If you find parts of a different color, you will need to have them cut in the color of the car before you install them. I would look around, these cars are everywhere and alot of junked/wrecked ones are in the yards.

agreed. and the lumina stuff should fit besides the doors that is. and theres definitely millions of them out there.

oriyen 11-01-2010 04:37 PM

thanks so much for the all the help , i am going to get it fixed & post before & after pics.

glad i found this forum, you guys are cool !
cya, Rob.:)