Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Default Fog lights

I own a 2007 MC LS I want to put in factory fog lights. I phoned the dealer today to find out what is required and they had no idea.

So from what I know I need the following:

New switch(to incl the fog light option)
the harnes to go from the fog light to the open harnes already hanging there
The fog ligh assembly it self along with the brackets.

Does anyone know exactly what is required to run fogs on the MC that did not come with fogs?

Old 01-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Default RE: Fog lights

get the factory dash switch. factory lights factory brakets and plug them in to the factory harnes that is most likly hanging under the front end of the car.
then plug int he switch the the other side fo the wire in the dash.
and put a fuse in the holder if there is not one.

you cna make sure you hav ethe right wire in the dash and all works with a continuity check before you ever put power to anything. If it has cont. then you haveth the right wires and it is litterly just plug and play and mount then lights to the bumper and some years you have to cut or take out the plugs in the front bumpers. i know on the )# years they were just a cut out or break out deal.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:57 PM

Does the factory harness come with the dangle already?!?! That would be sweet.

You just need the: lights, switch, pigtails (may come with the fog lights) and possibly a relay and fuse.

I tried this on my Saturn before I got rid of it but they have 2 factory harnesses... one for foglights and one without.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Probably has a relay, too. Check the owners manual, and look at all three of the fuse panel labels to find out for sure.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:16 AM

I called another Chev dealer in my area and they told me what I need.

1. Switch
2. Fog lights
3. Harness from Fog lights to factory wiring
4. The mounting brackets (sold seperatly.....why?)

Fuse panel under the hood cantains the fuse and it is already filled.

Dealer prices for all the fog light gear adds up to be around $800 I am going to hold off on this for a bit.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:26 AM

ORIGINAL: bonang

I called another Chev dealer in my area and they told me what I need.

1. Switch
2. Fog lights
3. Harness from Fog lights to factory wiring
4. The mounting brackets (sold seperatly.....why?)

Fuse panel under the hood cantains the fuse and it is already filled.

Dealer prices for all the fog light gear adds up to be around $800 I am going to hold off on this for a bit.
Sometimes a Foglight breaks just the plastic and other times a bracket gets twisted. This is a "way to save money for the customer" by not having them purchase more parts than they need or want. I'm pretty surerealistically they are sold like that for higher price markups.

I can see this in some situations like if I buy an English socket set and then want to upgrade to metric sockets, why would I need to pay $20 more to get another socket wrench included in the kit - why not just the sockets sold seperatly.

I'd keep an eye on ebay, ever so often I'll see new parts like that there on the cheap.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:23 PM

I also tried this. I contacted at least 10 different dealerships about this issue. only one of them actually knew what they were talking about! honestly if your a chevy dealer, know your chevy. but one told me they could sell me one foglight for $250. and a switch for around $120. If you go to gmpartsdirect.com i think a foglight is $80 or $90 bucks. and the switch is also $80 i believe (dont quote me). I was just about to place the order to purchase them, and some financial problems hit me fast (no money haha). So i will wait off on it for a while. But what im still wondering is what the part number is for the harness you need is. If anyone knows or can find it please let me know!

Old 01-22-2008, 09:47 AM

Have you guys thought about getting the xenon fog lights instead of the factory ones? Just a thought, because I know alot of people that already have fog lights upgrade to the xenon ones.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:21 PM

you can never get the good, factory look out of any other foglight. i love the way the 06-07 montes look with foglights.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:25 AM

Aftermarket fogs have to be wired with another switch cant use al factory switch. I dont want to have another switch.

Quick Reply: Fog lights