Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Fog light assy question. Please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Default Fog light assy question. Please help

Does anyone have information on what fog light assembly I need to order for a 2003 Monte Carlo? I see posts of the part number for the lamps but not the assembly. Any information on a part number, manufacturer name or website would greatly be appreciated. Thank you

Old 11-12-2010, 01:01 PM

I just bought one for my '02 last week. I can't think of the part number right now, but i got mine from RockAuto, check it out.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:43 PM

Thank you very much for your help. Checked out the website, found out exactly what I needed and MORE . Thanks again

Old 11-12-2010, 07:56 PM

Already have fog lights and looking to fix a broken one??? Have heard about this site on another forum... no dealings with them personally though:
http://www.getallparts.com/parts/200.../category.aspx

Old 11-29-2010, 05:57 PM

Thanks for the help gentlemen. Next question is the wiring harness to the fog lamps. I have a conector coming out of a bundle in front of my radiator. I'm assuming this is the wiring for the fog lamps. Is there a cable I need to order that will connect to both my fog lamps and connect to the connector my car has. I would prefer to order two GM sockets that fit my lamps and wire it myself to the instrument panel. Does anyone have a part number for the sockets that go to the fog lamps? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...74716025273050

Old 11-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

the one in front of the radiator wont work i dont think, its easier to just wire it up yourself

Old 11-29-2010, 10:51 PM

Do the whole thing.
Make it special.
Fogs:
ON ~ OFF / ON ~ High - ON ~ Low Flash-High
<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Install a 12 Volt Relay to SUPPLY Power for the Fog Lights to be SWITCHED by Ignition ON~OFF
Run a wire from an ACCY Fuse using a "Fuse Tap" to the IN Terminal for triggering the coil on the 12 Volt Relay placed in a convenient location near Battery.

Run GROUND wire from coil triggering OUT to suitable GROUND.
Run 12 Volt Line to INLINE FUSE Fuse holder. Wire from FUSE HOLDER to RELAY LOAD IN.

[ Single Supply Wire feeds BOTH Relays. BOTH Relays Supply Load OUT to Lights]

RELAY LOAD OUT to SPLICE. Splice wire to LOAD wire making a "Y" where LOAD wire branches-off giving you two (2) LOAD wires.
Install 2 Relays - Close - Side-by-side.
Run twin LOAD wires to Relays.
LOAD-1 to Low Beam Relay
LOAD-2 to High Beam Relay.
Run wire from LO-BEAM Relay LOAD OUT
Run wire from HI-BEAM Relay LOAD OUT
SPLICE BOTH LOAD OUT wires together.
SPLICE wire for POWER to LIGHTS to the SPLICED TOGETHER LOAD wires from the two relays.
Run wire from HEADLIGHT LOW BEAM +12Volts ON when Low Beams selected to Low Beam Coil Trigger IN
Run wire from HEADLIGHT HI-BEAM +12Volts ON when High Beams selected to HI-BEAM Coil Trigger IN
Use Stereo Speaker wire.
Run Speaker Wire from Relays to Switch on Dash for Fog Lights.
One side wire from Hi Beam Relay Coil Trigger Ground
Other side wire from Lo Beam Relay Coil Trigger Ground
Through firewall to 3 Way Switch
ON OFF ON
Attach appropriate wires to switch terminals.
Ground opposite switch terminals.

Your Fog Lights will be controlled by the Ignition Switch. When you turn-on the key power will be supplied to the TWIN Relays from the Switched Relay. The Dash Switch will control the Fog Lights. On w/ Hi's - Off - On w/ Lo's

Old 11-30-2010, 05:19 PM

Thank you very much for all the info RickCoMatic. Do have a part number for the 12 volt relay I need to get or a part number for the socket that fits on the back of these fog lights? Thanks again for your help

Old 11-30-2010, 06:46 PM

Got the part number for the fog lamp relay just need a part number for the connector that goes to the back of the fog lamps.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:28 PM

The Relay's are Generic BOSCH Power Relays. You need 3. The Pigtails that FIT the BULB that OEM FogLights run you need to get from Chevy -- GM Parts Direct. I could NOT find the exact number needed. I called Chevy and they gave me the PO over the phone.

Quick Reply: Fog light assy question. Please help