Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

engine/brake caliper painting

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member
Default engine/brake caliper painting

Hey guys, iv been looking into and sometime mid this month I plan on painting my engine cover, support bars and callipers. My first thought is of course red, but my interior lighting accents are going to be purple. (I like purple) so my question is does anyone else happen to have painted red and purple togethor? Or should I just accent it in purple? I want the engine compartment to match the interior but I don't want to make a mistake and end up hating it. I know a lot of it is ebout personal preference. But I also know a lot of apeal of a car is based on other peoples opinions of it.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:14 PM

In the end its your choice, I painted everything in my old monte, but now In my black / yellow SS i didnt, due to my GF hating the inside of my other one...But if you are!!! Look at getting plasti dip maybe, plastidip.com can make you own color for you. Or, go to the junk yard and get another support bar and play with it.

One thing about paint is that it can always be changed, but just dont screw over your interior till you know what you want.

Plastidip works good on calibers cause its rubber made kind of, so its heat resist.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:11 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Hiroska
In the end its your choice, I painted everything in my old monte, but now In my black / yellow SS i didnt, due to my GF hating the inside of my other one...But if you are!!! Look at getting plasti dip maybe, plastidip.com can make you own color for you. Or, go to the junk yard and get another support bar and play with it.

One thing about paint is that it can always be changed, but just dont screw over your interior till you know what you want.

Plastidip works good on calibers cause its rubber made kind of, so its heat resist.
If my interior were black it would be much easier. But its neutral with black trim so interior modding is a little touchier. Ill have to check into plasti dip for sure.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:21 AM
1 Year Member

So I uhh guess my hand was kinda forced on this, My lights Arrived and they are.. well... blue... not purple... so I think im instead going to Hopefully get my EL wire exchanged (was supposed to be pueple, NOT RED) and paint all my engine parts a kinda of lighter blue. Much like the pin stripes on my cars exterior. Comments? Sugestions?

Old 10-03-2013, 02:27 AM

My monte is red I was having trouble coming up with an idea as well I did red interior lights but I'm going purple hids and I did chrome (more like silver) under the hood and I like the looks mine has black and silver pinstripes so I'm doing the interior red with silver accents I like it but like said before it's ur choice ur perspective on what u like best of luck can't wait to see it

Old 10-06-2013, 09:44 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SS-L67-Jr
My monte is red I was having trouble coming up with an idea as well I did red interior lights but I'm going purple hids and I did chrome (more like silver) under the hood and I like the looks mine has black and silver pinstripes so I'm doing the interior red with silver accents I like it but like said before it's ur choice ur perspective on what u like best of luck can't wait to see it
Interior is going to be a sort of aqua ish blue accents and I have some Tron colored EL wire coming (like these guys literally did the costumes for tron) the lights are black light led's. Same goes for the engine compartment. I have some custom ideas ill be working on.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:55 AM

Your car will be so livid on the inside, I hope you have a garage from all the haters who might break in...It sounds like it'll be a disco ball inside lol. You most deff gotta hook it to your sound system for the sound stream...

Old 10-07-2013, 10:01 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Hiroska
Your car will be so livid on the inside, I hope you have a garage from all the haters who might break in...It sounds like it'll be a disco ball inside lol. You most deff gotta hook it to your sound system for the sound stream...
A garage and its alarmed. Haha one of my friends desribed my goals as "a rave on whells" iv always been a lighting finatic. I really would not like if someone molested my monte in such a terrible way!

Old 10-07-2013, 10:09 AM

That sounds about right, a rave on wheels indeed lol. So imo hook up a sound stream with the lights in your car. You'll need actual LEDS though and not the cheapo stuff from autozone. Theyll smack to the beat of the music in your car and be fancy. Imo you might wanna get it slightly tinted to avoid being pulled over by police for excessive lighting..if they still do that. lol

Old 10-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good luck with your project! I will be doing some interior modding myself starting in a week or 2.

Quick Reply: engine/brake caliper painting