Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

DRL Fix

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default DRL Fix

Hey all, I found a solution to the yucky yolk color DRL's that the monte's have. I couldn't find a solution before so I just yanked the DRL Relay. Now, I'm thinking about ordering a set of LED DRL's. (Legit site, based out of Cali)

68 SMD 9005 HB3 Lexus Toyota LED Daytime Running Lights Fog DRL Bulbs

Here are the lights. From that sight you could get white (which is like a cool white with a hint of blue) or Ultra Blue. I'm going for the white set if I ever want my DRL's back lol

Old 01-13-2012, 07:03 PM

did you get a CEL or some kind of warning on the dash when you did that? cause i tried that it i had some kind of warning. might have been bulb out. im gonna do what JGmonte did i think he just took the bulbs out and tied them in the engine bay somewhere.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:17 PM

I did the same on my 2005, I Just pulled the DRL relay Under the Hood an I never have a Warning... And when it starts to get dark out side the head lights will come on auto...
And You can always Pull Ur headlight switch to turn them on. I Know here In Manitoba Canada Thier gettin pritty stricked with NO DRLS. I know 2 people that got 180$ tickets and 2 demirts on licends.. One guy went to court becase its bull **** that u should get 2 demarits on ur licends, it doesnt make u A UNSAFE driver.. Just I guesse some people are BLIND in the day time to see a moving car on the road.....

Old 01-13-2012, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Boxman420
did you get a CEL or some kind of warning on the dash when you did that? cause i tried that it i had some kind of warning. might have been bulb out. im gonna do what JGmonte did i think he just took the bulbs out and tied them in the engine bay somewhere.
No CEL but I got a "Service Vehicle Soon" light which I know pulling the DRL Relay made it come on because in the years I've had the car, it's never been on with the relay in. Eh, I was contemplating that but I don't want it burning any random plastic pieces that's in there or having the bulb smacked around (if it's not tired right) and shattered.

Originally Posted by Steven73
I did the same on my 2005, I Just pulled the DRL relay Under the Hood an I never have a Warning... And when it starts to get dark out side the head lights will come on auto...
And You can always Pull Ur headlight switch to turn them on. I Know here In Manitoba Canada Thier gettin pritty stricked with NO DRLS. I know 2 people that got 180$ tickets and 2 demirts on licends.. One guy went to court becase its bull **** that u should get 2 demarits on ur licends, it doesnt make u A UNSAFE driver.. Just I guesse some people are BLIND in the day time to see a moving car on the road.....
That's because you have an '05 lol us lucky early years have warning that gets thrown in the hud lol. Damn, that's ****ty. Thank god there's nothing of the sort here in IL . Your last sentence says it all

Old 01-13-2012, 09:33 PM

yupp 2005s got very lucky with that one! we can get the harness from BBengenering or whatever but ill just strap the bulbs down somewhere and let them sit.. i hate DRLs... i have thought about putting a nice blue LED bulb in there but i dont want to get pulled over for blue lights again...

Old 01-13-2012, 11:24 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I just have my stock bulbs zip tied to the panel behind the grille works great

Old 01-14-2012, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
I just have my stock bulbs zip tied to the panel behind the grille works great
yeah i thought thats what you did.. im gonna do the same thing and drop HIDs in the highs and see how people like that after they flash me their high beems!

Old 01-14-2012, 10:27 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Lol they wont like it

Old 01-14-2012, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Lol they wont like it
good! lol.. i get flashed by atleast 2 cars everytime i go out at night!

Old 01-14-2012, 04:26 PM

yeah i thought thats what you did.. im gonna do the same thing and drop HIDs in the highs and see how people like that after they flash me their high beems!
lmao that'll teach 'em.

lol I feel like im spamming the emotes

good! lol.. i get flashed by atleast 2 cars everytime i go out at night!
Haha, that's every once in a while with me

Quick Reply: DRL Fix