Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

5th Gen ('95-'99): D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference

Old 07-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference

I have been searching the forum for a Reference to the Dale Earnhardt signature series Monte Carlos from the 1990's, I didn't seem to have any success. So I have created some references to this subject which might be interesting to some.
First in all the research I have done over several years back to the 80's, the only Signature series Cars I can find begin in the 1990's. They begin with the Chevrolet Lumina 89-94 then in 1995 they began making the Monte Carlo Z-34 in the Signature Series. A person was able to order 1 of 25 units made in the Monte Carlo and they were Numbered. I will post photo's from the references I have collected.( There was also available in the Camaro, & a Truck as well). I will post each thread Defined by year this is 1995.
Hope it is satisfactory. In the event anyone has any updates please include them. Thanks and enjoy. The details are in the Decals on the side pillars a Red signature, and on the rear panel, Dates for the 7 championships were in Red, this one has a Goodwrench label and a western steer label. The hood also has the (cross checkered flags and Goodwrench decal).

A distinctive emblem numbered for the Console and other locations.

Taz began driving with the 1995 Monte Carlo

They made 25 each year and Most were signed on the Dash by Dale and he also signed the Owners Manual.

Attached Thumbnails D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-taz%40wheel.jpg   D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-95mcdesaref1.jpg   D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-1995console.jpg   D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-1995ownersmanual.jpg  
Old 07-05-2014, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
Default Sales Flyer

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
I have been searching the forum for a Reference to the Dale Earnhardt signature series Monte Carlos from the 1990's, I didn't seem to have any success. So I have created some references to this subject which might be interesting to some.
First in all the research I have done over several years back to the 80's, the only Signature series Cars I can find begin in the 1990's. They begin with the Chevrolet Lumina 89-94 then in 1995 they began making the Monte Carlo Z-34 in the Signature Series. A person was able to order 1 of 25 units made in the Monte Carlo and they were Numbered. I will post photo's from the references I have collected.( There was also available in the Camaro, & a Truck as well). I will post each thread Defined by year this is 1995.
Hope it is satisfactory. In the event anyone has any updates please include them. Thanks and enjoy. The details are in the Decals on the side pillars a Red signature, and on the rear panel, Dates for the 7 championships were in Red, this one has a Goodwrench label and a western steer label. The hood also has the (cross checkered flags and Goodwrench decal).

A distinctive emblem numbered for the Console and other locations.

Taz began driving with the 1995 Monte Carlo

They made 25 each year and Most were signed on the Dash by Dale and he also signed the Owners Manual.

ADDING a Sales Flyer

Attached Thumbnails D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-salesflyer1995.jpg  
Old 07-05-2014, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
Default 5th Generation Dale Earnhardt Signature Series 1996

1996 5th Generation Monte Carlo; Dale Earnhardt Signature Series 1996 For this year the there were changes to the front (an Air Dam was added). The overall color was the same as the 1995 and it also featured the Bowtie exhaust tips, there were only 25 made, and most all were signed.

A typical signature moment.

See the Air Dam and the Hood decals in these views. Still Features the Red Dale Signature in the windshield.

Attached Thumbnails D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-96-earnhardt-montecarlo-4-.jpg   D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-1996-earnhardt-montecarlo-1-.jpg   D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-1996earnhardt-montecarlo-2-.jpg   D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-dale-sign.jpg  
Old 07-05-2014, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
Default 1997 Signature Series Monte Carlo

The 1997 Dale Earnhardt Signature Series Monte Carlo, this year the overall color was Black with red accent stripes on the lower portion of the car. I am attaching a brochure for reference

the models offered on the inside

Attached Thumbnails D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-97earntmontecarlo-3a-.jpg   D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-dale3211.jpg   D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-dale321.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 07-05-2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: add photos
Old 07-05-2014, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
Default 1998 Dale Earnhardt Signature Series Monte Carlo

1998 Dale Earnhardt Signature Series Monte Carlo Features; once again the 5th Generation Monte Carlo Z-34, this had leather interior, also has a bolder look on the accent colors.

Attached Thumbnails D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-98earnhardt-edition-1a-.jpg   D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-98ernhtmontesides.jpg  
Old 07-05-2014, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
Default 1999 Signature Series Monte Carlo D.E.

The 1999 Signature series was the last of the 5th Generation Monte Carlos this one also featured a Bolder look for the accents and this has a Red accent.

Attached Thumbnails D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-earnhardt-editon-1999-2a-.jpg   D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-1999-earnhardt-montecarlo-1-.jpg   D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-99earnhardtmontecarlo-3-.jpg   D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-99earnhardt-montecarlo-2a-.jpg  
Old 07-05-2014, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
Default Finallly a 6th Generation Signature Series Monte Carlo

In 2000 the Signature series was offered again and this post has a brochure as well as photo's of the Car. There you have it Most of the reference for the Signature Series Monte Carlo's This one was Black and was not the unit offered by the Chevy factory. These first units didn't have the real nice ground effects and the wheels weren't the hottest that could be offered, with all that said it did receive the Signature of the Man in Black as can been viewed in the photo collage.

Attached Thumbnails D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-2000-intimidatorsignature-3-.jpg   D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-2000signatureseries-10a-.jpg   D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-black-intimidator-60-.jpg  
Old 07-06-2014, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
Default There was also a 1998 Dale Jr. signature Series

There was also a 1998 Dale Jr. Signature Series to commemorate the Busch Series Championship in 1998.

Attached Thumbnails D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-earnhardt-jr-edition-1a-.jpg  
Old 07-06-2014, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
Default 1990's Signature Series Lumina

Finally the 1990's Signature Series Lumina, from what I have found out is that the Dealership was acquired in the late 80's and there were no Generation 4 Monte Carlos that were Signature Series, probably it was a Sales Idea to promote several vehicles and this began in the 90's make sense. So the Lumina was the beginning of the signature series cars and they could have been Autographed the reference unit on this post has a signed Owners Manual. Just a little bit of History hope it is helpful enjoy !

Attached Thumbnails D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference-1990s-lumina-de.jpg  
Old 08-01-2014, 02:16 PM

This is awesome! Thank you so much for looking this up! I wanna get those 96 wheels on my 98Z34.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5th Gen ('95-'99): D.E. Signature Series Monte Carlo Reference