Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Cracked R/Corner Rear BUMPER Problem!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Cracked R/Corner Rear BUMPER Problem!

Alright guys, My girl did some damage to my monte. Hurt like hell but what more you can do right...LOL! Here goes...she cracked the right corner of the rear bumper very badly while backup up to a pole. Now, when I seen the crack, it was split from the top to the bottom of the bumper badly. No DENTS THOUGH!!! So there was some major paint that was chipped badly and I had to put a small flat head screw driver inside of the crack so I can line it up correctly from it being overlapped. I haven't gotten it looked at by a professional which I do want opinions if possible. What solution can I come up with to solve this problem without coming out of pocket with a major repair cost? By the way, the crack is lined up so perfectly that you will only notice the paint thats chipped.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Is it JUST the rear bumper?

You may be able to just find a new bumper and put it on. Contact Morad or your local junkyard. Could be the good fix you need for only about $200.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Is it JUST the rear bumper?

You may be able to just find a new bumper and put it on. Contact Morad or your local junkyard. Could be the good fix you need for only about $200.
Thats the thing, if I can find a bumper that ALREADY painted the STOCK paint thats on my monte now, it would be great. But, I seriously think I will come out of pocket more with buying a used bumber, getting it painted to my original RED color it is and having someone put it on...

Or I can be wrong?

I know the crack is gettin worser now. It has traveled all the way up to the top of the bumper now. I will post pics up tomorrow for better view....

Old 07-01-2010, 07:43 PM

make sure the rebar behind it isn't pushed in.

to me, it sounds like the bumper got pushed back to the edge of the rebar behind it when she hit and spit the plastic....unfortunatly theres no cheap way to fix this problem and have it look great. the crack will need to be repaired and the bumper resprayed i.e spot paint/full clear. ball parked @ $300-400

if theres hidden damage under the bumper. expect more $

Old 07-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

yeah, no way of really correcting the problem with the original bumper, same thing happened to my girlfriends front bumper on her 06 grand prix, my mom did it, she had to buy a new bumper and get it painted, only cost us about 300 because we knew the guy that did it, so you can find someone to do it relatively cheap, i say you spend the money on a body kit lol

Old 07-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

forget ed morad cuz you going to end up spending more $$ on shipping than what the bumper is actually worth. go to North avenue u-pull there's a black LS with a nice rear bumper that nobody touch yet. they want $40 for it. better hurry cuz it might not be there that long.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by silverbullitt
forget ed morad cuz you going to end up spending more $$ on shipping than what the bumper is actually worth. go to North avenue u-pull there's a black LS with a nice rear bumper that nobody touch yet. they want $40 for it. better hurry cuz it might not be there that long.
if thats the case, spend another 60 or so and have maaco paint it while its off..

Old 07-04-2010, 04:57 PM

well you can always do what i did to my front bumper

Old 07-04-2010, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by silverbullitt
You know, I have 4got about them from the northside but I doubt it though if they still have it. Hell, If I can get the rear and front bumper for that price, that would be great. Even though somebody backed into my bumper wit a trailer hing-if thats what they called and put a HOLE literally through my license plate and bumper! Now that bumper has to be FIXED!!! SMH!!!!!!!

So I am dealing wit a problem front and back....

Last edited by rgant_19; 07-04-2010 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Left out the meaning of what I was trying to say...lol
Old 07-04-2010, 08:29 PM

Here goes the Damages to the FRONT and REAR bumpers... I even went to a body shop and ask them how much would it be for to repair the front bumper and the guy said $707.82. For the rear bumper its $792.98! Of course I had him look at my front d/s-fender (that my tire blew out on the highway and caused a dent outward on it), driver side rear lower body quarter panel and passenger side fender chipped paint. The grand total for all that was $3500. Those prices shocked the hell out of me! So instead I ask how about an OVERALL paint job instead of getting it fixed piece by piece. Well, of course he said I shouldn't do that because I will come out cheaper repairing it then gettin the whole car painted (closed to $4500, Stock Paint).

Which that is WITHOUT the body work.... Now, Do that sound right?!

Attached Thumbnails Cracked R/Corner Rear BUMPER Problem!-photo0758.jpg   Cracked R/Corner Rear BUMPER Problem!-photo0759.jpg   Cracked R/Corner Rear BUMPER Problem!-photo0760.jpg   Cracked R/Corner Rear BUMPER Problem!-photo0761.jpg   Cracked R/Corner Rear BUMPER Problem!-photo0762.jpg  

Quick Reply: Cracked R/Corner Rear BUMPER Problem!