Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Completed Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Wax application

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Completed Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Wax application

Getting the grime from the winter off the Monte and making her show worthy again. Looked at all the Clay bars and such, low on time so I used another product. Thought I would give the Meguiar's "Ultimate Compound" an opportunity. The bottle say's it "Cuts as fast as harsh abrasives without scratching. Obsoletes traditional rubbing and polishing compounds". So I gave it a go and was happy with the ease of application and removal. Used a Makita buffer to apply and remove the product as well as the normal hand application area's. The car's paint looked pretty darn good when all was said and done. Next applied the Meguiar's "Ultimate Wax" and wow the car really popped with it's final appearance.

Also removed the wheels and degreased the wheel wells and suspension system. Applied new rubberized undercoating to the wheel wells. Repainted all the brake calipers and polished as much of the underside suspension and body components as reasonable. Had to touch up paint under the hood, that's why the plastic shroud. Note the 5 2" holes and 24 1/4 holes (rear edge of plenum) I custom drilled into the underside of the hoods Ram Air plenum. Did this to insure much needed cold air could be dumped right onto the top of the engine to help keep the fuel rails and other critical area's cooler.

Since the wheels were all off I also thoroughly cleaned the reverse side of the wheels and tires. They had so much road grime and brake dust they looked like crap when you saw them from the front side.

Now it's off to the car shows and enjoy the sun and meet friends and foe's (race buddies).

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 05-26-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

looks awesome!

got wheels?! haha

how do you like those gforces? i'm going to need some new tires sometime and want something that will get good traction with some of my new mods that i'm looking into

Old 05-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

everything looks great, very nice work....

Old 05-14-2011, 04:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Monte's looking nice enjoy the car shows , I used the Meguiar's "Ultimate Wax" and like the shine.

Old 05-14-2011, 04:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Good stuff.!!!

I cant wait to do my write up on here about my detail. Although I havent actually did the detail on my monte at one time, Ive been doing, the hood here, then the trunk there etc... Im only about half way, but wow its been looking great so far.

I dont really like Ultimate compound at all, but how do you like the ultimate wax, its to be above and beyond NXT 2.0 which I dont care for that much(people will probably hate me for saying that but.. LOL)

Old 05-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by jaws2008
Good stuff.!!!

I cant wait to do my write up on here about my detail. Although I havent actually did the detail on my monte at one time, Ive been doing, the hood here, then the trunk there etc... Im only about half way, but wow its been looking great so far.

I dont really like Ultimate compound at all, but how do you like the ultimate wax, its to be above and beyond NXT 2.0 which I dont care for that much(people will probably hate me for saying that but.. LOL)
I don't know, seems like we are all on the perpetual search for the No. 1 cleaner and wax products. I have used probably about everything you have and just keep rotating through the new stuff. I liked the ease of application of the "Ultimate Compound". Did not have to keep getting the car wet to remove the product. And I was in a pinch for time, apply it and buff it off. I did still have light swirl marks even after using the foam pad on the polisher. But hey it looks good from 10 feet away..... LOL, I bet there is actually no Ultimate product, if there was then they would not make as much money every year selling us new products even when we have half a dozen 1/2 full bottles of the other Ultimate products. It's a big game we play. Take care

Old 05-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by trewyn15
looks awesome!

got wheels?! haha

how do you like those gforces? i'm going to need some new tires sometime and want something that will get good traction with some of my new mods that i'm looking into
Hey bud how you doing? I have used the G-forces for 2.5 sets now (Chewed up the fronts on an Autocross) and really like them. They wear for quite awhile and stick to the road on some pretty high G turns. I mean turns where I'm really hoping they don't let go and when I'm through the turn it's like Whew, I made it... You make me laugh.. Love your Monte your doing well with her.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:55 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Car looks great!

Old 05-14-2011, 09:17 PM

yeah unfortunely i have been using my professional supplies before the ult. wax came out, but i was impressed with the ult. compound.

Nice job man looks great. Keep buffing man, and you tube search it. You wont learn if to dont apply it. There is a special Technique.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:33 AM

Hi `Zip,
Doing it the right way...Looks Super AweSome..Thanks for posting/sharing your labor of love 4-Sure : )

Quick Reply: Completed Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Wax application